GAME THREAD 7-26-2005 SOX vs ROYALS

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
good.  I didn't see it.  Where did it hit him in the head?

Apparently it hit him on the right side of the face...

From ESPN...

"After he was hit, Clement remained on the ground and barely moved for about five minutes before he was lifted onto the stretcher and immobilized with a neck brace. Replays showed the force of Crawford's liner knocked the All-Star pitcher completely off his feet."

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
Lima's got a s***load of movement on his pitches so far, our guys have to be patient and get some counts and make him get the ball up.

Lima can definitely get in a rhythm and keep the ball down if you help him out. Don't get me started on tonight's lineup though. I have no problem getting your benchers some playing time....but why all in the same game basically?

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)
why the hell is harris starting tonight.  he started last night.  Ugh i hate these B Lineups that Ozzie puts out.

I hope no one turns this into a "Fathom b****ing just to b**** post", but against someone like Lima who makes a ton of mistakes, you want hitters in the lineup who will make him pay for hanging a slider, etc. A great example was the 2nd batter of the game, where Ozuna got a 2-0 hanger, and just hit a weak flyball to CF. Besides the fact that it should have been a hit-and-run, most players in baseball would have hit that pitch a mile.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
Idiot Willie. When he starts running back to first throw to Paul and get hte force, then you have stais in a run down.

i think he is still thinking about he is the next Brian Roberts.

I'm glad I'm not an English teacher...

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
I hope no one turns this into a "Fathom b****ing just to b**** post", but against someone like Lima who makes a ton of mistakes, you want hitters in the lineup who will make him pay for hanging a slider, etc.  A great example was the 2nd batter of the game, where Ozuna got a 2-0 hanger, and just hit a weak flyball to CF.  Besides the fact that it should have been a hit-and-run, most players in baseball would have hit that pitch a mile.

Dude, its the Royals. We can afford to empty the bench against these scrubs.