Biggest American superband ever...

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
I think you mean "a legend in his own MIND".

Wasn't he supposed to desicrate somebodies soul not too long ago? I wonder how that turned out for him.

We always just called him "Wingy". HE is to me what you folks are saying is Eddie. Wingy couldn't right a decent song to save his life. Alcatrazz actually became a decent band after he left, and they replaced him with that guy Vai.

I hope you noted that I called him "Wrongway" Malmsteen earlier. I did that specifically for you. ;)

Curiously, there is one metal guitar wanker that I found to be pretty melodic in his better stuff, and that was Uli John Roth. I pretty much hated the Scorpions stuff, but when I heard the Electric Sun stuff when it came out I couldn't believe it was the ex-Scorpions guitarist doing such cool stuff. To bring this thread full circle, UJR ended up marrying Monika Dannemann, who earlier was Jimi Hendrix girlfriend - the one that found him unconscious in bed and called the ambulance on the night he died.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
Bruce and his gang were mentioned, but you can also add to it that you think they belong. Hard to deny it. Not a fan (is everybody getting the idea that I am a pain in the ass with the popular stuff?), but again...have to take my hat off to the man and his troup.

I'm trying to be whimsical here, but believe it or not, that is a REAL tough one to run with.  :huh:

Bruce is not my cup of tea either. Isn't he from Jersey too?......why the hick drawl? I guess if you're gonna rip off Dylan, go all out huh?

I would just like to thank everyone in this thread for sharing their passion in music. I'm off to Barnes and Noble and the other less than special music stores in McAllen. Gotta load up on some stuff I haven't given a listen to in a long time.

Jim, Kid, et. al. :notworthy

I was shocked that CSNY took so long to appear in this thread, until it was pointed out that they a couple of them were Canadien ... which leads me to another Canadien band... BTO.

Another American Band that in their day could rock was the original Alice Cooper band.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 07:56 AM)
Another American Band that in their day could rock was the original Alice Cooper band.

The last Alice Cooper album was actually VERY good. A nice return to form for him. Word has it that the new one is even more of a return. It's about time he realizes he is a Rock and Roll artist, and NOT a Metal/Industrial guy.

Did anybody ever mention The Byrds?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
The last Alice Cooper album was actually VERY good. A nice return to form for him. Word has it that the new one is even more of a return. It's about time he realizes he is a Rock and Roll artist, and NOT a Metal/Industrial guy.

Did anybody ever mention The Byrds?

Do you know the album titles?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
Loaf is US.

Album titles to The Byrds stuff? No, I just have the boxset. But that band had a TON of hits. Also influenced everybody, mainly Tom Petty though.

I was asking about Alice Cooper.

QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 08:34 AM)
Alice Cooper does the overnight show at one of the radio stations I work for.

Checking out the new one now through Amazon. Yeah, full return to his glory days this time out it sounds like!!!

Wino, is he actually IN the studio you are at? Have you ever dealt with him? He seems like one of the coolest and nicest (also most down to earth) legends to ever walk the earth.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:32 AM)
"The Eyes Of Alice Cooper" is the last one.

"Dirty Diamonds" is the new one. To my surprise, it has just been released. Hmm, looks like I have a CD to go buy.  :D

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
Checking out the new one now through Amazon. Yeah, full return to his glory days this time out it sounds like!!!

Wino, is he actually IN the studio you are at? Have you ever dealt with him? He seems like one of the coolest and nicest (also most down to earth) legends to ever walk the earth.

He lives in Arizona. He is a regular golfing buddy with a family friend who lives out that way and made an ass load of money in home security.

And from what he says about Alice it corroborates all the stories that he's a really cool and down to earth guy.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
He lives in Arizona.  He is a regular golfing buddy with a family friend who lives out that way and made an ass load of money in home security.

And from what he says about Alice it corroborates all the stories that he's a really cool and down to earth guy.

Supposedly in Gilbert which is right next to Scottsdale. A friend says they see him all the time at the Venetian.

QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
BTW: Concerts I saw at least part of this week:

Clay Aiken

Phantom Planet

Jimmy Sturr's Polkapalooza

Fuel

Maroon 5

I saw:

Shout out Louds...way overhyped

Secret Machines...very good as always

Kings of Leon...not for me, but the crowd LOVED them.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
He lives in Arizona.  He is a regular golfing buddy with a family friend who lives out that way and made an ass load of money in home security.

From what I understand, he is damn good on the links.

Yeah, I've always heard that if he didn't go the way of music, he could have gone the way of pro-golf. Problem was, I believe he spent too much time with the bottle and as "Alice" to have actually thought about golf in those days. From all I have heard though, he is the one "celebrity golfer" that many of the real golfers take seriously.