Ramirez White Sox?

Pods70Rowand33

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
You're nuts.  It would take an absolute dismanteling(sp?) of this team to land Manny, the Bosox aren't going to trade one of the best hitters in baseball to a playoff contender to rid themselves of his contract. NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.

Yeah, I agree, no way to the AL, but with that said if he does get moved, I wouldn't be suprised if the Cubs/Dodgers/Mets get him for a little less than I would think. With that said it will be two major league above average players

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)
Cmon White Sox. Pull through dangit. Trade them BMac and Gio if need be.

All they seem to be offered is Cameron and Huff. Send Rowand and someone else and get this guy here.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
Not trying to be a dick here, I don't have any links, but I know Manny hates playing DH, he has b****ed about it many times.  That's the only reason Red Sox play him out there is he creates a huge fuss if he DHs

Oh, I'm not either, but I've never heard that he hates DHing or anything like that. I'll have to take your word for it. I always thought that Boston used Ortiz as the DH because he was worse as a fielder at 1B than Manny was at OF.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
All they seem to be offered is Cameron and Huff. Send Rowand and someone else and get this guy here.

ESPN is now reporting that this deal is basically dead because Red Sox want more than Cameron and Huff... they want Looper too... Red Sox are going to ask for the moon for Manny, and they should.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
ESPN is now reporting that this deal is basically dead because Red Sox want more than Cameron and Huff... they want Looper too... Red Sox are going to ask for the moon for Manny, and they should.

There just trying to get more, the Mets said no. It was almost a done deal, but Boston trying to get more.. they wont. Mets, Red Sox and Tampa 3 way deal.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
There just trying to get more, the Mets said no. It was almost a done deal, but Boston trying to get more.. they wont. Mets, Red Sox and Tampa 3 way deal.

Yeah, but they'll probably call Cubs and Dodgers to see if they can get what they want... but you're right, I wouldn't be shocked if this deal gets done.

Anyone think a package of Rowand, Marte and BMac/Anderson/Gio/Sweeney would get it done?

And if so, would you do it?

We need a big bat, Manny would provide it, but I dunno if I'd do it just cuz of the worries about his attitude. But the thought of Manny batting behind Pods and Iguchi and in front of PK, Everett and Dye does make our lineup a LOT more potent

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
First off, it wouldn't cost as much as you guys think considering we'd be taking on his contract. I don't know why people don't grasp that concept.

Um, no. That logic is true in the off-season, where Boston could then go out and spend the $20M/yr they'd be saving on other free agents. That option is not available now. Boston is defending their title and trying to make and advance in the playoffs. If they trade Manny, they would need enough MLB-level talent back to not kill their chances. Giving up Manny cheap might be good for Boston long-term, but would destroy any postseason hopes this year.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)

actually on sportscenter airing now, they reported that jason stark is reporting that the deal has a deadline of 12 noon tommorrow to go through and settle on players.

QUOTE(bighurt574 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
Um, no.  That logic is true in the off-season, where Boston could then go out and spend the $20M/yr they'd be saving on other free agents.  That option is not available now.  Boston is defending their title and trying to make and advance in the playoffs.  If they trade Manny, they would need enough MLB-level talent back to not kill their chances.  Giving up Manny cheap might be good for Boston long-term, but would destroy any postseason hopes this year.

With Rowand and Marte going to Boston...I wouldn't think that would destroy postseason hopes at all....they would still have a very good offense.....not excellent like now...but very good. Plus Marte is better than a lot of options they have now in the Bullpen so that would be a plus. And If this scenario happened(and it ain't) They probably wouldn't stop at trading Manny....they would be going for more.

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
Anyone think a package of Rowand, Marte and BMac/Anderson/Gio/Sweeney would get it done?

Wouldn't get it done, Boston could care less about the prospects, they're playing for this year. If I'm Boston, and looking at the White Sox, I'd be asking for Dye, Marte, and O. Hernandez.

This deal would be bad for us! If Huff and Beaz get traded i beleive we are in trouble for deadline help. it seems like KW has turned his attention towards them and or Wagner. I just hope Kw has a back up plan because we need anothjer bat and RP badly. If it goes through what other possibilities to you see KW pursuing?

QUOTE(bighurt574 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
Wouldn't get it done, Boston could care less about the prospects, they're playing for this year.  If I'm Boston, and looking at the White Sox, I'd be asking for Dye, Marte, and O. Hernandez.

actually since we are all just speculating and know nothing about what the redsox would take. I will take that deal. Then trade my prospects off to get another pitcher. Of course none of this would happen, I think if KW is part of this deal its not for Manny but for huff. Adding a fourth team in this deal would not necessarily over complicate things.

I can't believe how ridiculously ignorant Cubs' fans are. I was just listening to the Score, and Cub fan after Cub fan came on and revelled in how awesome it would be to have Nomar, Lee, ARam, MRam in their lineup. They're talking about giving up Cubs' pitching prospects (Pie, Hill, etc) and other various non-experienced players. Wow, pass me some of that pipe. Did they not see or hear what Boston expected out of the Ramirez trade? Huff, Cameron, Looper... all major league veterans. I had to turn the radio off, too many brain cells wasted listening to that.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
I can't believe how ridiculously ignorant Cubs' fans are.  I was just listening to the Score, and Cub fan after Cub fan came on and revelled in how awesome it would be to have Nomar, Lee, ARam, MRam in their lineup.  They're talking about giving up Cubs' pitching prospects (Pie, Hill, etc) and other various non-experienced players.  Wow, pass me some of that pipe.  Did they not see or hear what Boston expected out of the Ramirez trade?  Huff, Cameron, Looper... all major league veterans.  I had to turn the radio off, too many brain cells wasted listening to that.

No offense, but I find it ironic that you call the Cub fans ignorant and then metnion their "pitching" prospects and include Pie in there. Not trying to be an ass, just found that ironic.

This rumore makes my stomach queezy. I don't like it. I don't like even being mentioned in this rumor even if it is just speculation. I HIGHLY doubt the Red Sox would trade Manny to us anyway. I can't even imagine how badly KW would overpay for Manny.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 12:20 AM)
This rumore makes my stomach queezy. I don't like it. I don't like even being mentioned in this rumor even if it is just speculation. I HIGHLY doubt the Red Sox would trade Manny to us anyway. I can't even imagine how badly KW would overpay for Manny.

KW wouldn't overpay for Manny, he wouldn't want to take on that contract.