White Sox Acquire Blum

AddisonStSox

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
has to willie.

has to be.

Unless someone is sent to another team. If I were TB, I wouldn't mind having Ozuna thrown into a big trade. For all his problems at 3B, he's been a pretty steady SS, and has shown he can hit, and makes the minimum.

Rotoworlds take....White Sox acquired infielder Geoff Blum from the Padres for LHP Ryan Meaux.

Insurance with Joe Crede on the way out? We hope not. Blum will be an upgrade over Willie Harris in a utility role, but since manager Ozzie Guillen likes Pablo Ozuna, he shouldn't get enough at-bats to have any fantasy value. Blum was hitting .242/.323/.377 in 223 AB for the Padres. Jul. 31 - 1:15 pm et

Ryan Meaux - S - CWS

Padres acquired LHP Ryan Meaux from the White Sox for infielder Geoff Blum

you and Jim must have the same phone lines. Literally Jim said the same thing word for word. Jim got caught cheating in school as well.

Stop, I did not say United Airlines.

I can't wait until after this deadline is over so you can go down into that wine cellar of yours and open a bottle of nice wine and relax yourself.

QUOTE(fattyguy78 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
Rotoworlds take....White Sox acquired infielder Geoff Blum from the Padres for LHP Ryan Meaux.

Insurance with Joe Crede on the way out? We hope not. Blum will be an upgrade over Willie Harris in a utility role, but since manager Ozzie Guillen likes Pablo Ozuna, he shouldn't get enough at-bats to have any fantasy value. Blum was hitting .242/.323/.377 in 223 AB for the Padres. Jul. 31 - 1:15 pm et

Ryan Meaux - S - CWS

Padres acquired LHP Ryan Meaux from the White Sox for infielder Geoff Blum

It's on the offical site now.

Nice move. I know we're all looking for a blockbuster, but its pretty important that we solidify our bench. Especially when you consider the games that Ozzie likes to use his B-lineup. He's a switch hitter that can play a bunch of positions. This kind of reminds me of when we acquired Tony Graffanino in 2000. Not saying he's as good as Tony G., but he can definitely fill that role.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
I wouldn't be so quick to punch Willie's ticket... It's common knowledge that Ozzie dislikes Gload... If he can play 1B then Gload needs to watch his back...

Do you know that Ozzie doesn't like Gload?

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
I wouldn't be so quick to punch Willie's ticket... It's common knowledge that Ozzie dislikes Gload... If he can play 1B then Gload needs to watch his back...

what common knowledge? I never heard that before. I am not disagreeing with you on sending gload down, but I don't think ozzie hates Gload.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)

I don't know if Ozzie dislikes Gload. But you are right, this doesn't necessarily mean we've seen the last of Willie. Gload is another guy who might interest a team as a throw in. If any other team's GM read this site the last few months, they can only come to the conclusion that Ross is bound for Cooperstown.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
Do you know that Ozzie doesn't like Gload?

Well it was a slight hint when they refused to bring him up even when they desperately needed a backup first basemen...

He has 36 career games at 1B... If he's even halfway decent at the position then I have a feeling we've seen the last of the Gloadster....

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
I don't know if Ozzie dislikes Gload. But you are right, this doesn't necessarily mean we've seen the last of Willie. Gload is another guy who might interest a team as a throw in. If any other team's GM read this site the last few months, they can only  come to the conclusion that Ross is bound for Cooperstown.

lol, so true.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
Well it was a slight hint when they refused to bring him up even when they desperately needed a backup first basemen...

He has 36 career games at 1B... If he's even halfway decent at the position then I have a feeling we've seen the last of the Gloadster....

The only way this theory is proven is if they move Gload and prospects to Tampa for Huff.