BBTN special ON NOW

LosMediasBlancas

well this may go to show that our minor league pitching system also sucks. Not much to choose from. PS Munoz will never make it either nor will diaz.

You forgot Josh Fields, the pitcher. The guy with the great curveball in spring training for that one inning, and then Carlos Lee took him deep all the way to New Mexico.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
...in your opinion.  I'd like to see what you were saying about Cotts last year and early this year, but I'm too lazy to look.

I said he should be sent down because he wasn't ready. Thats what I said last year and earlier this year, but I did not say he would not make it. I speak candidly and truthfully, but last year was along time ago.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
He hates everybody, especially me.

LOL.

I'm just mad because -- IMO -- our bench got worse, not better. So, basically Geoff Blum is Pablo Ozuna (can play every position sans a few) with some power. We lost our best bat off the bench in Gload.

The Harris move, I'm over it. He didn't perform, he deserves the send-down.

But, what's Luis Vizcaino for? He's supposed to be the mop-up guy, right? Plus, if we do make the playoffs (and yes, I will say 'if' until that magic number is zero), one of Contreras/El Duque will be in the 'pen anyways. Why couldn't they wait one month, then they can call-up whichever 15 guys they feel like calling up.

It doesn't make much sense. At all.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
LOL.

I'm just mad because -- IMO -- our bench got worse, not better.  So, basically Geoff Blum is Pablo Ozuna (can play every position sans a few) with some power.  We lost our best bat off the bench in Gload.

The Harris move, I'm over it.  He didn't perform, he deserves the send-down.

But, what's Luis Vizcaino for?  He's supposed to be the mop-up guy, right?  Plus, if we do make the playoffs (and yes, I will say 'if' until that magic number is zero), one of Contreras/El Duque will be in the 'pen anyways.  Why couldn't they wait one month, then they can call-up whichever 15 guys they feel like calling up.

It doesn't make much sense.  At all.

well somebody must be hurting or is saying they need rest. Its really the only explanation I can think of.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
LOL.

I'm just mad because -- IMO -- our bench got worse, not better.  So, basically Geoff Blum is Pablo Ozuna (can play every position sans a few) with some power.  We lost our best bat off the bench in Gload.

But, what's Luis Vizcaino for?  He's supposed to be the mop-up guy, right?  Plus, if we do make the playoffs (and yes, I will say 'if' until that magic number is zero), one of Contreras/El Duque will be in the 'pen anyways.  Why couldn't they wait one month, then they can call-up whichever 15 guys they feel like calling up.

I love Ross as much as anyone but unfortunately Ozzie wasn't going to use him much anyways. Viz can pitch an inning or two while Adkins can pitch 3-4 if need be, that's why he was called up. I do agree with you though, Diaz seems like the perfect fit for this long reliever role, I'm not a fan of Adkins. Who knows, hopefully we'll both be wrong. :)

Ozzie simply wanted another pitcher, and as JimH pointed out, a guy who could pitch mutiple innings. The off days are very few in the coming weeks. A reserve player had to be sent down. So they got Blum, because he can play where Willie and Gload play, and is a switch hitter. As far as I could tell the White Sox have done quite well without Ross Gload in the line-up this year. I can also remember they would probably have another victory if Ross Gload would have stayed in Charlotte this season. Could you imagine the outrage on this board if KW packaged Gload and Baj in a deal? People, they aren't that good.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
LOL.

im upset this team didnt upgrade in other areas where they could/should have, but the blum deal isnt that bad. i mean he stinks, theres no doubt. but so does willie. and imo this was more to get willie off the team. i dont think ozzie likes willie too much because willies really a 1position player, and should be able to bunt, but cant. i wonder if blum has a good track record of gettin down a sac bunt. as far as adkins goes, i dont dislike it. i thought jon did a good job for us last year and i think he is better suited for the pen. his stuff is almost a mirror of polittes stuff, with a little less on the fastball with a little more movement, and they both have that little slide piece they like to use down and away. what i just dont understand, is the chisox rhetoric when they let shingo go. they said it was just a case of jenks really being to good to not have being on the team. fair enough. but bringing adkins up tells me that apparently they like adkins better than shingo too. apparently the gong man has fallen quickly and fallen far

Ozzie simply wanted another pitcher, and as JimH pointed out, a guy who could pitch mutiple innings.  The off days are very few in the coming weeks. A reserve player had to be sent down. So they got Blum, because he can play where Willie and Gload play, and is a switch hitter. As far as I could tell the White Sox have done quite well without Ross Gload in the line-up this year. I can also remember they would probably have another victory if Ross Gload would have stayed in Charlotte this season. Could you imagine the outrage on this board if KW packaged Gload and Baj in a deal? People, they aren't that good.

One of your best posts, in a string of many for you.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
I love Ross as much as anyone but unfortunately Ozzie wasn't going to use him much anyways.  Viz can pitch an inning or two while Adkins can pitch 3-4 if need be, that's why he was called up.  I do agree with you though, Diaz seems like the perfect fit for this long reliever role, I'm not a fan of Adkins.  Who knows, hopefully we'll both be wrong. :)

Notice how Ozzie leaves the starter in even though the starter has shown he doesn't have it. Other teams may take their starter out in the 3rd but Ozzie waits till they get shelled and sometimes to the point we are out of the game. An effective long reliever would be nice is Adkins the right answer?

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
im upset this team didnt upgrade in other areas where they could/should have, but the blum deal isnt that bad. i mean he stinks, theres no doubt. but so does willie. and imo this was more to get willie off the team. i dont think ozzie likes willie too much because willies really a 1position player, and should be able to bunt, but cant. i wonder if blum has a good track record of gettin down  a sac bunt. as far as adkins goes, i dont dislike it. i thought jon did a good job for us last year and i think he is better suited for the pen.  his stuff is almost a mirror of polittes stuff, with a little less on the fastball with a little more movement, and they both have that little slide piece they like to use down and away. what i just dont understand, is the chisox rhetoric when they let shingo go. they said it was just a case of jenks really being to good to not have being on the team. fair enough. but bringing adkins up tells me that apparently they like adkins better than shingo too. apparently the gong man has fallen quickly and fallen far

wow not a personal insult but your all over the place. Blow the air out the window before the Parents smell it.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
wow not a personal insult but your all over the place. Blow the air out the window before the Parents smell it.

yeah i guess i rambled.....lemme clear it up.....

1.) blum...he stinks, but so did willie so no big loss there. i like what the trade does to help make our bench a little more verstaile in terms of defensive alignment. trade makes us slightly better.

2.) adkins....just the thought that we brought up adkins makes me think that management must have been really down on shingo.

those were teh two points i was tryin to get at

yeah i guess i rambled.....lemme clear it up.....

1.) blum...he stinks, but so did willie so no big loss there. i like what the trade does to help make our bench a little more verstaile in terms of defensive alignment.  trade makes us slightly better.

2.) adkins....just the thought that we brought up adkins makes me think that management must have been really down on shingo.

those were teh two points i was tryin to get at

There ya go, much better. :D

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
Could you imagine the outrage on this board if KW packaged Gload and Baj in a deal? People, they aren't that good.

Could you imagine the outrage on here if that would have been Willie that made that error against the Royals, and not Gload? I never understood why everyone said Gload was the best defensive 1b ever. Yes, he didn't have the chance to prove himself. However, he never did anything that made me think we had another J.T. Snow on our hands. And Baj had his chance last year, and he failed. Yes, it sucks for him. However, it's clear the organization doesn't think highly of him.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
Could you imagine the outrage on here if that would have been Willie that made that error against the Royals, and not Gload?  I never understood why everyone said Gload was the best defensive 1b ever.  Yes, he didn't have the chance to prove himself.  However, he never did anything that made me think we had another J.T. Snow on our hands.  And Baj had his chance last year, and he failed.  Yes, it sucks for him.  Howeve,r it's clear the organization doesn't think highly of him.

8.1 IP is not a chance.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
8.1 IP is not a chance.

For some managers, it is. I agree with you that he hasn't had an opportunity to show what he can contribute at the MLB level. However, I'll be shocked if he does get an opportunity in the Sox organization.