• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W  L  ERA  G  GS  CG  SHO  SV  IP  H  R  ER  HR  BB  SO 

Jon Adkins 4 9 5.58 21 21 0 0 0 122.2 146 81 76 20 43 88

W  L  ERA  G  GS  CG  SHO  SV  IP  H  R  ER  HR  BB  SO 

Jeff Bajenaru 4 2 1.15 46 0 0 0 14 54.2 36 9 7 3 24 65

I will post this again, Adkins is a guy who can go multiple innings, i.e. blowout situations or last man out of the pen. Bajenaru is not a guy who can do that, plus Bajenaru has been sick off and on for the last week, he is not 100%.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
I will post this again, Adkins is a guy who can go multiple innings, i.e. blowout situations or last man out of the pen.  Bajenaru is not a guy who can do that, plus Bajenaru has been sick off and on for the last week, he is not 100%.

I didn't know that he was sick, but still, Adkins

For the last time, Adkins is up because he has MLB expierence in the midst of a pennant chase. You do not want two rookie arms in your bullpen when you are trying to clinch an AL pennant.

Adkins is up here because he is another bullpen arm that can eat up a lot of mop-up innings and preserve the pen arms we are going to need in the post-season.

It's an excellent move and I think it's going to pay dividends.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
For the last time, Adkins is up because he has MLB expierence in the midst of a pennant chase.  You do not want two rookie arms in your bullpen when you are trying to clinch an AL pennant.

Adkins is up here because he is another bullpen arm that can eat up a lot of mop-up innings and preserve the pen arms we are going to need in the post-season.

It's an excellent move and I think it's going to pay dividends.

MLB Experience...

Alrighty.

We could do the same by giving guys who actually, you know, have performed well this year a shot, too? Felix Diaz? Arnie Munoz?

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Give him a chance. You never know. Im sure 95% of you thought Cotts was the weak spot in our bullpen,at the beg of the year.

The Cotts situation compared to Adkins is totally different.

a.)Cotts gave me reason for hope, as even when he was struggling, he was still strking out a lot of guys. His stuff was there, just, he hadn't harnessed it yet.

b.)Minor league stats. Cotts was good in the minors -- 3.14 career ERA, but 11.22 K's/9. Adkins has a career 4.41 ERA, with 6.08 K's/9. Am I supposed to believe that Adkins is going to get a boost of energy by getting called up and say, "Hey, I can pitch better!"?

And, BTW, I've been defending Cotts since the beginning of the year, so that doesn't work for me.

ADKINS IS NOT A STARTER. Putting him in AAA as a starter was a bad move, which is why he's struggled so much. Put him in the pen and he'll produce the same he did for the Sox last season.

They need a long reliever.

QUOTE(jamslam @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
Gload is 2 years away and Harris blows, sure let's put adkins in the pen

Do you have a problem working a signature or something? You don't have to keep adding that picture to your posts.....A lot of people would be glad to help you out.

QUOTE(jamslam @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
Gload is 2 years away and Harris blows, sure let's put adkins in the pen

Dude, you have GOT to figure out how to use signatures.

This posting pictures in every thread thing oughta stop.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
adkins?

you've got to be kidding me.

He's worse than horrible.

Leads the International League in home runs allowed.

Baj or Tracey and Diaz or Munoz deserved it over him.

Don't get that one at all.

once again, as a starter. if you watched him pitch last year or in spring training, he's deserving of being up in the bullpen more than anyone else down there.