- 08-05-05 - Mariners @ Sox -

redandwhite

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
What about that strike Ozzie got tossed for with Dye? I wasn't really watching it since I was on the phone, was is that bad?

Ha, that pitch Ozzie got ejected for on Dye looked like a strike. I think Ozzie got tossed to try and pump up the team, not because he thought the pitch was that far out of the zone. This pitch was not even close to being a borderline pitch.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
No s***, even though were still winning its really sad. I wish they could just start putting some doubles and singles together.

This group of players aren't a collective bunch of real good hitters. Rather, we have a couple of power guys in PK and Dye, who have provided a lot of our power. Iguchi is swinging the bat great right now, as he's not swinging for the fences. With Pods struggling so much to get on base (and getting caught stealing when he does reach), Iguchi's not getting a lot of chances to drive people in.

Some good news. 2 of the important teams that we are looking at are both losing.

Oakland is down to KC and Boston is losing to Minny. The only other teams we'd really be interested in are the Yanks, who are winning, but that doesn't really matter, and LAA who hasn't started yet.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
Some good news. 2 of the important teams that we are looking at are both losing.

Oakland is down to KC and Boston is losing to Minny. The only other teams we'd really be interested in are the Yanks, who are winning, but that doesn't really matter, and LAA who hasn't started yet.

You're nuts! For the time being, I'm much more worried about the fact that Twins and Indians are winning. I simply find it amazing that anyone would be worried about freaking wild card teams now, with the division not even being close to being clinched. Even KW said that the only thing we've clinched is being in first place on August 4th!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)

We are going to get into the playoffs. The other teams dont matter.

Its time for this team to learn how to string a few hits together without trying to park everyone into the stands. They need to get back to situational hitting. Driving the runner in. Its time to get this offense going before the playoffs. When 6+ Era pitchers can shut us down for most of a game its pretty focking sad.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
You're nuts!  For the time being, I'm much more worried about the fact that Twins and Indians are winning.  I simply find it amazing that anyone would be worried about freaking wild card teams now, with the division not even being close to being clinched.  Even KW said that the only thing we've clinched is being in first place on August 4th!

I know you had a maybe this and a maybe that answer the other night. Just a one word answer from you. Do we make the playoffs?