- 08-05-05 - Mariners @ Sox -

redandwhite

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
Dr. Pain told ozzie that it's not to serious and Carl will probably just need a few days off.

That's good. I think it might have been you that said it, but for everyone that was complaining about Everett.....the other options behind him are much worse.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
That's good.  I think it might have been you that said it, but for everyone that was complaining about Everett.....the other options behind him are much worse.

I believe 2k5 said those exact words. I've said that Carl definitely isn't an ideal 3 hitter but he's still a damn good hitter and the best clutch hitter we have. We can't afford to lose Jurrasic.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
Nothing like judging a guy on 9 ab's.

Actually I'm a Padres fan too, and he sucked there as well. He is a very streaky hitter, he hasn't been on a good one since the beginning of the year.

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
Actually I'm a Padres fan too, and he sucked there as well. He is a very streaky hitter, he hasn't been on one since the beginning of the year.

Didn't he have an unreal stretch this season where he was like 8-8?

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Actually I'm a Padres fan too, and he sucked there as well. He is a very streaky hitter, he hasn't been on a good one since the beginning of the year.

He's actually had 1 bad month and has been pretty solid the rest of the year. Not to mention he looks pretty damn smooth in the field.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
Didn't he have an unreal stretch this season where he was like 8-8?

He was unbelievable in April, and has pretty much sucked since. But he is very versatile as far as D goes.

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:39 PM)

The Sox didn't trade for Blum to be a big bat. They got him because he is a big upgrade over Willie Harris and can actually play a good 3B as well as give Konerko some off days at 1B.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)

We've got plenty of streaky hitters here and we're still working well...Uribe, Crede, Konerko, Dye, Rowand, Pierzynski...

All I want from him is to give people on the infield (read: Crede and Konerko) some extra time on the bench so that they're more rested when October hits, and for him to not be as bad as Willie Harris (i.e. coming up with a runner on 2nd 3 times in a game and not moving him over 1 time)

Can he get down a sacrifice bunt?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
The Sox didn't trade for Blum to be a big bat.  They got him because he is a big upgrade over Willie Harris and can actually play a good 3B as well as give Konerko some off days at 1B.

I know that, I'm just having fun. :P

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
He was unbelievable in April, and has pretty much sucked since. But he is very versatile as far as D goes.

Actually he had a better May then April and he's been pretty solid in July as well. June was a real bad month for him but that's it.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
Actually he had a better May then April and he's been pretty solid in July as well.  June was a real bad month for him but that's it.

Yeah, we faced the Padres when he was slumping, and he looked real bad. He's just pressing right now, and like I said earlier, his swing is really long. He's been much better in the field than I thought he'd be.