Chicago Blackhawks Offseason Bonanza Thread

QUOTE(black jack @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
isn't there a new clause for often injured players that their bonus won't count vs the cap if they get hurt again?

if so, i'm all for Lindros (for 2.5 mil) and would LOVE to get Allision in here.

I haven't heard of anything like that, but if that's the case, then the Hawks can afford to take a chance here.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
I disagree here.  You guys love Khabibulin too much.  Is he good? Yes.  Is he an upgrade over Thibault? Yes.  But, goaltending isnt our problem.

Keith, we need the top line player more than we need Khabibulin.  Period.

Love Bulin too much? Now that's rich. This guy could carry Eddie Belfour, have room for Joc TBo on the other shoulder while still making a glove save.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)
The latest rumor mill I have heard is that the Hawks are going after Eric Lindros.  Hard.

UGH.

GLASSBOY... ohhhh GLASSBOY...

/hopefully some of you will get that.

If Lindros is 2 years 2.5 mil, you have to give him a shot. At that money, anything you get from him is gravy.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
Love Bulin too much?  Now that's rich.  This guy could carry Eddie Belfour, have room for Joc TBo on the other shoulder while still making a glove save.

I dunno, Mike, wasn't 'Bulin benched just a year or two ago in the playoffs? I thought I remember hearing/seeing that...

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 12:04 AM)
Not really a fan of a Lindros signing, but if it's say a 2 year deal at $2.5M a season, I can live with it, the Sox just need to get somebody to fill that void as the 1st line center. I'd prefer Allison though, and that's saying something with all of the concussion problems he's had as well.

Do you see anything wrong with that quote DB? :lol:

News from Spector;

There was an Allison to Buffalo rumor today, that's been debunked. I hope Tallon is on the phone to his agent, cos he'd be my #1 target right now.

Updates List of UFA:

Centers

Jason Allison, Los Angeles; Andrew Cassels, Columbus; Vincent Damphousse, San Jose; Jim Dowd, Montreal; Ron Francis, Toronto; Chris Gratton, Colorado; Travis Green, Boston; Brian Holzinger, Columbus; Eric Lindros, N.Y. Rangers; Mark Messier, N.Y. Rangers; Rem Murray, Nashville; Andrei Nikolishin, Colorado; Yanic Perreault, Montreal; Jozef Stumpel, Los Angeles; Shaun Van Allen, Ottawa.

Right wings

Donald Audette, Florida; Peter Bondra, Ottawa; Valeri Bure, Dallas; Anson Carter, Los Angeles; Eric Chouinard, Minnesota; Adam Deadmarsh, Los Angeles; Rob DiMaio, Dallas; Tie Domi, Toronto; Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre, Washington; Alexander Mogilny, Toronto; Vladimir Orszagh, Nashville; Owen Nolan, Toronto; Ziggy Palffy, Los Angeles; Teemu Selanne, Colorado; Scott Young, Dallas.

Right now as of this moment, we've got $18,894,000 locked up into 12 players according to TSN. The Spacek deal was for 1 year $2.25 million, wow.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=7006

Names that stick out from the UFA list that haven't been mentioned yet;

Cassels - Yeah he's 36. Yeah he was terrible in 03 with a -24 and only 26 points in 58 games. But the year before for Columbus he had 68 points in 79 games. If we miss out on a #1, and need a #2 center to push Arny up to the #1, Cassels wouldn't be the worst option, points wise. Not the toughest player of all time though.

Carter - Wouldn't be a bad RW for us. Kind of like Cassels, bad 03 but a good record the previous 2 years with 60 points.

Perreault - 2nd line center, excellent faceoff guy, good powerplay scorer.

Mogilny - Up there in age at 36. But he's got a great record and if the price is right, well we need a guy who can get points from the RW besides Mark Bell.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
News from Spector;

There was an Allison to Buffalo rumor today, that's been debunked. I hope Tallon is on the phone to his agent, cos he'd be my #1 target right now.

Updates List of UFA:

Centers

Jason Allison, Los Angeles; Andrew Cassels, Columbus; Vincent Damphousse, San Jose; Jim Dowd, Montreal; Ron Francis, Toronto; Chris Gratton, Colorado; Travis Green, Boston; Brian Holzinger, Columbus; Eric Lindros, N.Y. Rangers; Mark Messier, N.Y. Rangers; Rem Murray, Nashville; Andrei Nikolishin, Colorado; Yanic Perreault, Montreal; Jozef Stumpel, Los Angeles; Shaun Van Allen, Ottawa.

Right wings

Donald Audette, Florida; Peter Bondra, Ottawa; Valeri Bure, Dallas; Anson Carter, Los Angeles; Eric Chouinard, Minnesota; Adam Deadmarsh, Los Angeles; Rob DiMaio, Dallas; Tie Domi, Toronto; Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre, Washington; Alexander Mogilny, Toronto; Vladimir Orszagh, Nashville; Owen Nolan, Toronto; Ziggy Palffy, Los Angeles; Teemu Selanne, Colorado; Scott Young, Dallas.

Right now as of this moment, we've got $18,894,000 locked up into 12 players according to TSN. The Spacek deal was for 1 year $2.25 million, wow.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=7006

Names that stick out from the UFA list that haven't been mentioned yet;

Cassels - Yeah he's 36. Yeah he was terrible in 03 with a -24 and only 26 points in 58 games. But the year before for Columbus he had 68 points in 79 games. If we miss out on a #1, and need a #2 center to push Arny up to the #1, Cassels wouldn't be the worst option, points wise. Not the toughest player of all time though.

Carter - Wouldn't be a bad RW for us. Kind of like Cassels, bad 03 but a good record the previous 2 years with 60 points.

Perreault - 2nd line center, excellent faceoff guy, good powerplay scorer.

Mogilny - Up there in age at 36. But he's got a great record and if the price is right, well we need a guy who can get points from the RW besides Mark Bell.

I think Bulin holds the key to our offseason success.

if he signs soon, other big names might follow.

we'd still have the cash for Jason Allison, Alexander Mogilny, and another d-man like Hamerlik.

man, the thought of a number 1 line of Allison, Rutuu, Mogilny followed by the ACB number 2 line and the newly revamped third line with Lapointe has me feeling excited.

Daze and T-bo become trade bait for picks and salary cap space next season.

of course these are the Hawks so i can stop now.

PROVE ME WRONG DALE!!!!

Edited by black jack

honestly... i just want a forward who will make others around him better.

Tuomo Ruutu is going to be the best foward on the team unless we pull a rabbit out of our hats and trade for a guy like Gange, or Thorton...

I want Ruutu to have a s***load of chances to bury the biscut and become a fixture in the hockey league. I think this could be the year Ruutu becomes a household name in chicago... and im not talking about Christian Ruutu who played for the Hawks back in the mid 90's

I got this from BHZ:

The Blackhawks continue their pursuit of Khabibulin although it is believed Tampa Bay and Phoenix are also in the mix.

"We'd like to know either way by tomorrow how this ends so we can move on," Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon said Thursday night from Chicago.

per yahoo sports

So, basically, Tallon has put the ball in 'Bulin's court. At this point, it's take it or leave it -- the Hawks got their offer out there, and it's now up to 'Bulin.

I'm hoping that they're able to land Palffy or Allison. I realize that Allison has been off-injured, but he's solid when healthy, and he's had a whole year off. Give him an incentive laden contract, and go from there. At least, that's what I'd like to see.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
I got this from BHZ:

So, basically, Tallon has put the ball in 'Bulin's court.  At this point, it's take it or leave it -- the Hawks got their offer out there, and it's now up to 'Bulin.

I'm hoping that they're able to land Palffy or Allison.  I realize that Allison has been off-injured, but he's solid when healthy, and he's had a whole year off.  Give him an incentive laden contract, and go from there.  At least, that's what I'd like to see.

Allsion and Palffy sounds like good targets to me. Toronto are the favorites to get Allison, but they've got over $30M invested in about 9 players, so they're in trouble cap wise. If the Hawks come in with a good offer, they might just get him.

News from the sites and papers;

Sun Times -

Once the Khabibulin issue is resolved, Tallon's interest could shift to winger Paul Kariya.

"Definitely we'd be interested,'' Tallon said. "Why wouldn't you be? He's a good, solid guy with skill.''

Tallon plans to have a roster of 20 to 21 players by late today; he has 16 under contract.

Tribune -

If Chicago signs Nikolai Khabibulin, Jocelyn Thibault could be on his way out of town.

Thibault is expected to be dealt if the Hawks sign Khabibulin. They could make a lot better use of Thibault's $2.35 million salary than as a back-up goaltender.

Chelios re-signed in Detroit.

If the Lightining re-sign The Bulin Wall, expect Martin St. Louis to leave.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:34 AM)
News from the sites and papers;

Sun Times -

Tribune -

Chelios re-signed in Detroit.

If the Lightining re-sign The Bulin Wall, expect Martin St. Louis to leave.

No f***ing way. They would let St Louis to leave????? I would want to grab that guy up in a second!!!!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
No f***ing way.  They would let St Louis to leave????? I would want to grab that guy up in a second!!!!

They will re-sign Vinny LeCavier to a long - term deal before St. Louis.