Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
Okay, I could see us beating the spread, but nothing more.  Coach Hep's finally got us beating the teams we should be beating, hence the 4-1 record up to this point.

Coach Hep would deserve a statue, if he could find 2 more wins somewhere on this schedule though.

Even though Minnesota is far better on paper, they never play well in Bloomington.

And Purdue's not as good as advertised.

I dont think there will be any middle road for IU. They will either lose the rest of their games or they will win at least 6. I sure hope its the latter. I also think that IU is one big upset away from this thing snowballing into a huge season. The tide is certainly changing in Bloomington.

OK, I TIVO'd the replay of the PU/Iowa game last night, and I just watched most of it again. -- I was probably a little harsh. On each of Purdue's 3-and-outs somebody on the D-line made a good play that lead dierectly to the short drive. -- I would just like to see some more consistency, and continued improvement out of that bunch.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
OK, I TIVO'd the replay of the PU/Iowa game last night, and I just watched most of it again. -- I was probably a little harsh. On each of Purdue's 3-and-outs somebody on the D-line made a good play that lead dierectly to the short drive. -- I would just like to see some more consistency, and continued improvement out of that bunch.

I agree, but they did have a couple huge huge losses from last season on the line. I'm just hoping that the team continues to improve, which has been the case during Ferentz' tenure thus far. They definately have a young front and I was wrong early in the season when I thought there linebacking core (which is darn good) would help the defensive front's adjustment.

I think they'll bury IU this weekend and yes, they will cover. Although I think on the most part If I were a gambler I would take the underdog whenever a lot of points are involved cause Ferentz isn't one to run up the score. Once he's up by 3 td's he does his best to start running the heck out of the ball. So sometimes Iowa can totally dominate but a team can get a late score and make it close on the scoreboard (well relatively close).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
I think they'll bury IU this weekend and yes, they will cover.  Although I think on the most part If I were a gambler I would take the underdog whenever a lot of points are involved cause Ferentz isn't one to run up the score.  Once he's up by 3 td's he does his best to start running the heck out of the ball.  So sometimes Iowa can totally dominate but a team can get a late score and make it close on the scoreboard (well relatively close).

That's actually what he did in West Lafayette. Iowa had less than 50 rushing yards at the half. -- Young finished with like 160.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
That's actually what he did in West Lafayette. Iowa had less than 50 rushing yards at the half. -- Young finished with like 160.

I've been impressed with Young. I think he's only a sophmore and aside from the OSU game he's been good. He's definately gonna have to continue to develop if Iowa wants to turn themselves into a national championship contender next season (With Tate and Young back). Plus, Iowa can stay in this big ten race if they can pull out some big wins down the stretch. That said I'd be shocked if Iowa won out, but they do have the talent to do so.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
Told ya so...

Indy has 50 pass attempts, and 0 sacks (there may be one, but there was a penalty, so I'm not sure.)

Iowa's D-Line = Worst in the Big Ten. Beat that Illinois!

I'd love to steal this. We'll see. All I was saying is that we could have no problem beating the spread. So far, so good, lol.