Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is the Iowa game on on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it. I just know I'm gonna get royally f***ed though and they'll be showing some local broadcast out here instead of the Iowa-OSU game.

Come on Hawekeyes...it would be a huge huge win if you can beat OSU on the road.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
Minnesota -3.5 vs. (11) Purdue

Um... WTF?!?!

I pounded Minnesota at the window the last couple of weeks, but they're playing real competition now.

#1 Rushing Offense vs. #1 Rushing Defense

Should be a tight game. Purdue hasn't proven anything yet and with my luck lately, they'll lose since I'm going.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
What time is the Iowa game on on Saturday.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I just know I'm gonna get royally f***ed though and they'll be showing some local broadcast out here instead of the Iowa-OSU game. 

Come on Hawekeyes...it would be a huge huge win if you can beat OSU on the road.

9 AM your time.

Nothing like Saturday mornings in autumn.

I am really excited for 3 big games today:

Mich. vs. Wisconsin

Tenn. vs. LSU

BC vs. Clemson

I like Mich, LSU, and Clemson in those games

Rutgers has a bye week, and plays pitt friday night...the campus will be rocking for that one.

Anyone think Oregon has a shot of taking down the trojans?

I would think not, but Oregon is a nasty place for visitors.

Big game today for the illini.

It's a "winnable" game, compared to some of the others on their schedule.

Alot of things have to go right for us, but we'll see, just don't dig yourself a hole early.

Pull this one out boys, campus starts believing again.

ORANGE

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 08:16 AM)
Which means we likely won't get it here, as that's the West Coast ABC game.  Instead, I think we get the 2:30 game of ND/Wash.

I get the ND game and the Oregon game. I get royally f***ed and miss my Hawkeye game which was supposed to be on at 9 AM. Instead some dumb cartoon was on.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
I get the ND game and the Oregon game.  I get royally f***ed and miss my Hawkeye game which was supposed to be on at 9 AM.  Instead some dumb cartoon was on.

You didn't miss anything...

Iowa is teh suck. No O or D-line = Total Domination. -- I guess they had to pay for that beatdown they handed OSU last year.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
You didn't miss anything...

Iowa is teh suck.  No O or D-line = Total Domination. -- I guess they had to pay for that beatdown they handed OSU last year.

Ya, I saw the score...looking bad. They are really missing some of the key losses of this past off-season, especially some of the leadership on the defensive end.

I thought they wouldn't miss a beat defensively with Greenway and Abdhul Hoge still there, but boy was I wrong. They are really missing Sanders and Roth as well as the solid defensive tackle (name slips my mind right now).

Hopefully they get going. My guess is 3-4 losses this year but I think they are going to be really good next year. Ferentz could get things figured out, but in college football your only as good as your lines.

Conservative Carr strikes again. 9 secs left in the half, 3rd and goal after a penalty and he just kicks the FG instead of trying a play for the end zone and than kicking the FG if they fail.

At least the Michigan defense looks good.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
Big game today for the illini.

It's a "winnable" game, compared to some of the others on their schedule.

Alot of things have to go right for us, but we'll see, just don't dig yourself a hole early.

Pull this one out boys, campus starts believing again.

ORANGE

oops