Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
Um, I feel like I should say something.... Oh yeah.

TOLD YA SO!

Told me so what? You said they'd lose four games, I said they'd f*** up their season.....I'm failing to see what I need to be told....

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
So ISU lost to Baylor. I stand by my comment that we need a QB.

And I stand by my comment...when I told you they were way over-rated when they got into the top 25 based on that win against Iowa. Iowa is starting to figure things out too. Solomon stepped it up today in a big way and the defense looked a lot better.

They may be a sleeper later in the season and while I dont' think they will finish top 10, they are a top 15 team and could even turn into a sleeper in the big 10.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Well, I can't say its anything unexpected.

This is Iowa State Football ®

I didn't want this fact to be so, but the bright spot of this season is Iowa. Already. That's sad.

Iowa is about the best team ISU will play all season, so they shouldn't feel bad about it. I just laugh at how much it means. I look more at an overall season as opposed to one win, but thats me and I guess it shows just how little I care about ISU.

I care about the big boys like Michigan, OSU, Purdue, Wisconsin, etc.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
Iowa is about the best team ISU will play all season, so they shouldn't feel bad about it.  I just laugh at how much it means. I look more at an overall season as opposed to one win, but thats me and I guess it shows just how little I care about ISU.

I care about the big boys like Michigan, OSU, Purdue, Wisconsin, etc.

They need to make every game mean what the Iowa game means. The Nebraska game was a bigger game, but they couldn't come through.

Man I dislike Bret Meyer.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
And I stand by my comment...when I told you they were way over-rated when they got into the top 25 based on that win against Iowa.  Iowa is starting to figure things out too.  Solomon stepped it up today in a big way and the defense looked a lot better. 

They may be a sleeper later in the season and while I dont' think they will finish top 10, they are a top 15 team and could even turn into a sleeper in the big 10.

The D did not look a whole lot better. Purdue just shot themselves in the foot because they were dumb. Iowa gave up 450 yards of offense, and had only one sack and QB pressure (that was in Purdue's final drive when the game was out of hand)

In the first quarter Purdue's RB had 50 yards on 6 carries. He only got 7 more touches the rest of the game. Iowa's defense had nothing to do with that. Stupid play calling did.

Iowa plays a 2 deep zone, and relies on pressure from their front four to force a QB to make bad decisions. Their current D-line is the worst in the Big Ten. When you play like that against a team with a good QB, you're going to get shredded. -- Iowa better watch out next week against Indiana. If they overlook that game at all, and stick with their stupid base defense crap, they're going to end up on the wrong end of a bad upset.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
Iowa plays a 2 deep zone, and relies on pressure from their front four to force a QB to make bad decisions. Their current D-line is the worst in the Big Ten. When you play like that against a team with a good QB, you're going to get shredded. -- Iowa better watch out next week against Indiana. If they overlook that game at all, and stick with their stupid base defense crap, they're going to end up on the wrong end of a bad upset.

It won't happen. I'd be somewhat optimistic about our chances, if it were here. I know we've split our last two appearances there, but we're not going to win in Iowa.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
It won't happen.  I'd be somewhat optimistic about our chances, if it were here.  I know we've split our last two appearances there, but we're not going to win in Iowa.

I haven't seen IU take a single snap this season, but I know they've got Hoepner in there, and they seem to be putting points on the board.

You could use a blocking sled for your O-Line, and your QB would still have all day to throw against a zone defense with a 7 yard cushion.

I'm sure U of I will be favored, but I'll probably be making a play on IU plus the points.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
Their current D-line is the worst in the Big Ten. When you play like that against a team with a good QB, you're going to get shredded. -- Iowa better watch out next week against Indiana. If they overlook that game at all, and stick with their stupid base defense crap, they're going to end up on the wrong end of a bad upset.

Um...the worst d-line in the Big 10 is located in Champaign

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
I haven't seen IU take a single snap this season, but I know they've got Hoepner in there, and they seem to be putting points on the board.

You could use a blocking sled for your O-Line, and your QB would still have all day to throw against a zone defense with a 7 yard cushion.

I'm sure U of I will be favored, but I'll probably be making a play on IU plus the points.

Okay, I could see us beating the spread, but nothing more. Coach Hep's finally got us beating the teams we should be beating, hence the 4-1 record up to this point.

Coach Hep would deserve a statue, if he could find 2 more wins somewhere on this schedule though.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Okay, I could see us beating the spread, but nothing more.  Coach Hep's finally got us beating the teams we should be beating, hence the 4-1 record up to this point.

Coach Hep would deserve a statue, if he could find 2 more wins somewhere on this schedule though.

After we barely beat our Division 1-AA opponent for our 2nd win, I really thought we were not going to be in another game this year, let alone win one. I have actually watched us play the last few weeks. The game against UK was the best I have ever seen an IU football team play. Even against Wisky, we didn't play all that bad. And we won a game we should have won against UIUC. I said at the beginning of the season if IU went into the Bucket Game with a chance to go to a Bowl, it would be success beyond what almost anyone dreamed. And they have a chance. There are a lot of Big 10 teams with a ton of holes in them that stealing a game against a Minnesota or Iowa just may happen. Hell, as big of a Michigan fan as I am, they really suck this year, too. Anything can happen!

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
Penn State is ranked 8th now. I thought they'd just barely make the top 10 or be right outside it.

penn state....such a piss poor game, you could tell as soon as the game began who wanted it more