Harris in LF?

fathom

Chicagosports.com is reporting that Willie Harris might be called up to play LF and leadoff. Good grief, that would be a disaster of a move. Harris is a terrible outfielder, and he's done nothing this season to deserve to be on the MLB roster. Please do something else KW!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 06:24 PM)
Chicagosports.com is reporting that Willie Harris might be called up to play LF and leadoff.  Good grief, that would be a disaster of a move.  Harris is a terrible outfielder, and he's done nothing this season to deserve to be on the MLB roster.  Please do something else KW!

I'd love to see this happen. He's a better everyday option than Timo or Pablo when were talking about a leadoff hitter.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 02:29 AM)
I'd love to see this happen.  He's a better everyday option than Timo or Pablo when were talking about a leadoff hitter.

What's to say he can play LF? He never impressed me in CF. As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather have Timo in LF.

I'd love to know the name of guys that have cleared waivers. I guarantee there are better options than Harris/Timo/Ozuna/Owens. Why not call up the best player we can, B. Anderson, and not worry about the leadoff position. With the poor hitting we've received from our 8-9 lately, that leadoff hitter doesn't really get a chance to drive in runs anyways.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 02:40 AM)
I like the idea.  Anyway, Timo is better off as a pinch hitter or late game defensive replacement.  Like he always was.  Willie is better at defense than Podsednik anyways and we'll get back the speed at the top.  This seems like a pretty good temporary solution,  atleast until Pods is ready.

Have you seen Willie play in the outfield? He's going to need two cut-off men on a flyball hit to the warning track.

Wow, where are the same people that were so happy to see Harris get shipped out of town a few weeks ago? I definitely dislike the idea of putting a player in the field at a position they've never played before. You're just asking for an injury to him or another player. How would you feel if he collided with Rowand cause he had no clue what he was doing?

God dammit, this type of news pisses me off. We have 2 good minor leaguers raking the damn ball down there, who can field well, but don't call them up.

Give one of them a chance for gods sake. Pedro Lopez wasn't supposed to be here but he did for a short time and made the best of it, let Anderson or Owens get a chance geez.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 02:52 AM)
God dammit, this type of news pisses me off. We have 2 good minor leaguers raking the damn ball down there, who can field well, but don't call them up.

Give one of them a chance for gods sake. Pedro Lopez wasn't supposed to be here but he did for a short time and made the best of it, let Anderson or Owens get a chance geez.

I was watching the Braves game today during our rain delay, and it was awesome to see the energy they were playing with thanks in large part to their young guys. We have a 12.5 game lead....we can afford to give a legit prospect like Anderson a shot.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Wow, where are the same people that were so happy to see Harris get shipped out of town a few weeks ago?  I definitely dislike the idea of putting a player in the field at a position they've never played before.  You're just asking for an injury to him or another player.  How would you feel if he collided with Rowand cause he had no clue what he was doing?

He has played the outfield a total of 105 times with a FPCT of .992.

What really annoys me is that we have, according to most scouting experts, one of the most MLB ready minor league outfielders in Brian Anderson. The leadoff spot in the order is incredibly overrated, especially in the AL. Just cause we can put someone with speed at the position, it doesn't mean s***. A guy with no speed who can get on base at a high clip is more valuable than someone with good speed who can't even obtain a .300 OBP.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:01 AM)
What really annoys me is that we have, according to most scouting experts, one of the most MLB ready minor league outfielders in Brian Anderson.  The leadoff spot in the order is incredibly overrated, especially in the AL.  Just cause we can put someone with speed at the position, it doesn't mean s***.  A guy with no speed who can get on base at a high clip is more valuable than someone with good speed who can't even obtain a .300 OBP.

In 100 sporadic ABs, he couldn't put up a .300 OBP.

In about (off the top of my head) 400 ABs last year -- consistent ABs -- he put up a .340ish OBP. He knows how to take some pitches, too. Anyone know where to find a pitches per PA stat?

That said, hopefully they won't need to resort to Harris or Anderson, and hopefully Griffey will be in town by then.

This is a focking dumb move.

Wee Wee Willie cant hit. And dont give us last years stats.

Last year means nothing this year. If he batted 400 last year and then 170 this year, he still sucks this year.

Wee Willie cant steal either. I understand the entire chemistry thing, but come on. Let Anderson give us a shot in the arm. Lets see what the kid will do.

Just when you thought they made enough dumb decisions, Timo at DH, Timo at 1st, Timo leading off. They decide to bring up "Its my time now"

FOCKING STUPID

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:32 AM)
This is a focking dumb move. 

Wee Wee Willie cant hit.  And dont give us last years stats.

Last year means nothing this year.  If he batted 400 last year and then 170 this year, he still sucks this year.

Wee Willie cant steal either.  I understand the entire chemistry thing, but come on.  Let Anderson give us a shot in the arm.  Lets see what the kid will do.

Just when you thought they made enough dumb decisions, Timo at DH, Timo at 1st, Timo leading off.  They decide to bring up "Its my time now"

FOCKING STUPID

I just don't get our mentality right now. Ozzie sure seems concerned about not bringing in any new blood. In reality, I think the thing our team really could use is a boost from someone new.