Today is the day--8/21/05 Game Thread

flyg88182

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
does anyone ever remember seeing a pitcher give up four home runs in an inning before?

Yes,

Today vs Randy Johnson in the 4th Inning. Other than that, I am sure it has happened, but I don't think it has ever happened to Randy Johnson before.

I am still in shock.

GO SOX!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
Not to be a pessimist, but we scored all of our runs on home runs. We still aren't manufacturing runs. And here we go again, corners with 1 out.

edit:  :D

Anything to break this streak is fine by me. Plus alot of those hits were to the right side!!

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
He has not been the same pitcher this year. Plus he's a lefty, which we murder usually.

I definitely agree that we're better against lefties. Rowand, in particular, is a totally different hitter vs lefties. However, it's not like J. Wright has been good this year. However, who gives a f***...lets just win the game. I'm happy we've got to Randy Johnson, but if you had to make me choose again, I'd take facing Wright over RJ 100 out of 100 times.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Anything to break this streak is fine by me. Plus alot of those hits were to the right side!!

At this point, I could care less if they scored those runs on bunts that were tossed all over "bad news bears style."