Matt Smith outrighted to Charlotte...

GoSoxGo

Since we traded for him.  Everyone knew Bellhorn was going to be released, so if we really wanted him, we wouldn't have traded for Blum.  I just think that Bellhorn isn't the type of player that Ozzie wants on this team.

Blum was added as insurance at 3rd base because of Crede's bad back. Kenny saw like all of us that Ozuna is just not good at 3rd base. Blum was added to be a backup 3rd baseman and stick off the bench, not for Ozzie to worry about getting him playing time like Timo. He is a bench player.

Edited by GoSoxGo

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 05:39 AM)
Blum was added as insurance at 3rd base because of Crede's bad back.  Kenny saw like all of us that Ozuna is just not good at 3rd base.  Blum was added to be a backup 3rd baseman and stick off the bench, not for Ozzie to worry about getting him playing time like Timo.  He is a bench player.

And Joe Crede is our starter. Trust me, if the organization disliked Crede, he would have been gone a long time ago. Crede will get every chance to prove to the Sox he should be brought back next season through arbitration.

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
Because it means a move could be in the near future.  Why else would Kenny be freeing up a spot on the 40-man roster?

i think fathom knew that he was pointing out how a lot of people didnt know who Matt Smith is now he is the most famous name right now on Soxtalk

Edited by Spod=Ratings

Just a thought:  No one will accuse me of being a dreamer....but that would be f***ing insane if we traded for Griffey Jr. tomorrow, and his first game with the Sox is in Seattle.  Has he played in Seattle since the trade?

Wow. Didn't even think about that. That would definately be a pants-creamer. But the deadline is next Wednesday so any move could take another week.

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 05:52 AM)
Wow.  Didn't even think about that.  That would definately be a pants-creamer.  But the deadline is next Wednesday so any move could take another week.

I know. I was going to say that my post before would probably cause more erection for Sox fans than the beautiful Bea Arthur.

Roster spot = Young or Owens who are not on the 40 man.  .340 hitter with speed or 30-30 man (granted its all at Bham) but would be nice in September.

Doubt it. Both guys are only in AA and probably aren't viewed as being ready yet by management. Also, Pods is due back on Monday so adding Owens wouldn't make too much sense. If they were going to bring Owens up, I think they would have done it right when Pods was placed on the DL.

Edited by GoSoxGo

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 02:06 AM)
Doubt it.  Both guys are only in AA and probably aren't viewed as being ready yet by management.  Also, Pods is due back on Monday so adding Owens wouldn't make too much sense.  If they were going to bring Owens up, I think they would have done it right when Pods was placed on the DL.

There was a story when Pods went to the DL that the organization thought Owens was ready, but Ozzie didn't. It could be opening up a spot for him when the rosters expand.