Will we get no hit today?

sox-r-us

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
Felix's line:

6IP 5ER 2BB 5K

Book it.

Maybe. :P

Felix's line ( the real one)

7IP 1ER 1BB 12K

now book that...

hopefully el duque doesnt give up 3 in the 4th like he always does.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
Good question.  I'm sure they might have crossed paths sometime in their minor league careers.  Felix may have come straight from AA, but not too sure on that.

No he was dominating in Tacoma this year.

All of Seattle's minor leagues are on the west coast.

All of the White Sox minor leagues are on the East coast.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
No he was dominating in Tacoma this year.

All of Seattle's minor leagues are on the west coast.

All of the White Sox minor leagues are on the East coast.

That's what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
If there was ever a game for Anderson to not start, it's against Felix.  If Anderson struggles to hit Radke's 91 mph fastball, then I wouldn't like his chances against 96-98 mph heater.

Negative. Radke's change makes his fastball look sick. Plus that change has got some sick movement. Against Nathan, BA attacked and fouled a few pitches off. He didn't look like he couldn't handle the heat.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
Negative.  Radke's change makes his fastball look sick.  Plus that change has got some sick movement.  Against Nathan, BA attacked and fouled a few pitches off.  He didn't look like he couldn't handle the heat.

I must be watching a different game, because when I've seen Anderson swing at fastballs, he really struggles to catch up. And if you think Radke's changeup makes his heater look fast.....wait til Felix is dropping his curveball at the knees. Right now, Anderson has slider speed bat, and that's the main reason he got his first hit off of Radke.

They faced him in ST and roughed him up pretty good.

The Sox are curious to see how much Hernandez has improved since they faced him in an exhibition game on March 28 in Peoria. Hernandez looked overpowering in the first two innings with a 98-m.p.h. fastball and a sharp breaking ball before the Sox tagged him for six runs in the third inning of a 15-9 loss. Aaron Rowand hit a two-run single and Paul Konerko hit a two-run homer in that inning.

"I don't think anyone who went to that game wouldn't remember him," Rowand said. "We've already faced him. It's not like we're going in dry. We'll share the information. We've got video on him. It's the big leagues. We have advance reports."

My prediction for Felix: 8 IP 3 H 1 ER 12K 1 BB

How long did it take him to allow a fly ball? More than 9 innings, I know that. That and the fact that he has averaged striking out one batter per inning combine for me to make this prediction.

I sure hope I'm wrong, but that's just about how his previous outings have gone. You never know, the Sox could be the first team to hit him well. Here's hoping.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
If there was ever a game for Anderson to not start, it's against Felix.  If Anderson struggles to hit Radke's 91 mph fastball, then I wouldn't like his chances against 96-98 mph heater.

We would have been shutout without BA.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
Felix is going to run through this line up of ours

ANyone else share this fear?  :crying  :banghead

He's a kid with great potential. Let's see what he does after once or twice around the league and hitters get a chance to study him. In the meantime a good outing by Felix last night. Just not quite good enough.

It was kinda like the Freddy-Santanna game, but in reverse. Don't get me wrong, neither Felix or Duque picthed as well Freddy or Santanna. I'd say Hernandez was better than Duque, but he made that 1 mistake and that was the ballgame. Tough loss for that kid I'm sure, but he'll be back. I'm not ready to jump on his jock just yet. As some of you said, let's give him a few spins before we hand him the crown.