The most hated sox player ever

bighurt2719

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
What does anything I am saying have to do with him?

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
Well yeah ofcourse, their production besides Valentin for a few years were horrible but they didn't blame anyone else for their failures.

Is this why you are sticking up for Koch, Wright and Valentin ? I should not dislike them because "they didn't blame anyone else for their failures? Why not just defend everyone else who did not blame anyone else for their failures. I'm a white sox fan, they sucked, made us bad, so I disliked them.

Edited by rangercal

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
There are a few different subcategories of my dislikes. The groups are (1) s***ty players, (2) players with bad attitudes and (3) players who were in both. So heres how I split them up:

Group 1: The garbage

Mark Johnson

Todd Ritchie

Jason Dellaero

Joe Borchard

Joe Crede (if he doesnt get his ass in gear)

Group 2: The jerks

Wil Cordero

Albert Belle

Group 3: The s***ty pricks

Jaime Navarro

Royce Clayton

That list is very accurate. Welcome aboard :cheers

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Is this  why you sticking up for Koch, Wright  and Valentin ? I should not dislike them because "they didn't blame anyone else for their failures? Why not just defend everyone else who did not blame anyone else for their failures. I'm a white sox fan, they sucked, made us bad, so I disliked them.

wtf is your problem wether I liked them or not, its my opinion. Valentin might have sucked but he played hard, and so did Koch. Wright sucked but he wasn't an asshole, and he was badly hurt the 2nd time he was in the rotation.

If you don't like them then thats your opinion but get off my damn back I have the right to have my own opinion. If you don't like it, I don't care, I didnt tell you to change your point of view on it.

Oh and besides, Paniagua blamed the ump for his failures, its not the umps fault he sucked.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
wtf is your problem wether I liked them or not, its my opinion. Valentin might have sucked but he played hard, and so did Koch. Wright sucked but he wasn't an asshole, and he was badly hurt the 2nd time he was in the rotation.

If you don't like them then thats your opinion but get off my damn back I have the right to have my own opinion. If you don't like it, I don't care, I didnt tell you to change your point of view on it.

Oh and besides, Paniagua blamed the ump for his failures, its not the umps fault he sucked.

wtf is your problem wether I liked them or not,

You came to me 1st questioning my picks

Valentin might have sucked but he played hard, and so did Koch.

I know they did, but They still sucked. I did not like Jose Throwing a routine groundball into the visitors Dugout , I did not like wright giving up 6 runs 2 outs into the game.

Wright sucked but he wasn't an asshole, and he was badly hurt the 2nd time he was in the rotation.

If he were an Asshole I would have used the word HATE, maybe.

If you don't like them then thats your opinion but get off my damn back I have the right to have my own opinion.

Read answer # 1 over again.

If you don't like it, I don't care,
The feeling is Mutual.

I didnt tell you to change your point of view on it.

I didn't tell you to change your point of view on it, either.

This is the only part I agree with, Paniagua was a bad example.

No hard feelings. We just don't see eye-to-eye. T

hat's fine.

Edited by rangercal

I forgot a few players to go under group one. Danny Wright and Billy Blotch both come to mind. With his performance this year, Shingo probably qualifies, as do Adkins and Walker. As for Jose Paniagua, I dont get why his name comes up so much. He got one out for us and gave up for runs. It stunk but it didnt hurt us long term (Navarro damaged us for years). I guess that would disqualify Walker, but for him its obvious hes not a major leaguer. Paniagua was never given a second shot, and though that doesnt bother me any, one bad outting and then being abandoned doesnt get you on my list. If youre just looking for guys like that, what about Ken Hill? He went three innings and gave up eight runs in 2000. Wheres his mention? Besides, there are a million pitchers who just never panned out, especially for us. Arnie Munoz, Kip Wells, Jim Parque, Lorenzo Barcelo and so on. Theres no point listing all of them, which is why I try to pick out the especially bad ones who hurt us time after time. Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
There's plenty.  I just can't narrow it down to one.

Todd Ritchie

Royce Clayton

Juan Agosto

Joe Borchard

Mike Caruso

"hate" is too strong a word for these guys.  They just didn't cut it.  "disliked" "drove me nuts" or "plain 'ol sucked"  probably fits better.

Jaime Navarro  -  you can say "hate" for this guy.

:huh:

How can anyone hate Caruso for that one season he hit like .300 with 28 infield hits? What was that '98, '99?

Al Belle was an asshole, and maybe the worse character ever brought into that clubhouse in many ways, but he was productive. I'm not really concerned with people's personalities as long as they perform and keep their f***ing mouth shut and nose clean at the right times.

I guess my criteria for "hate" is a lot different than a lot of people's. I'm not sure how you "hate" Joe Crede when he hits you 20 dongs a year with a mediocre average and above average defense. I would not call a .250 career hitter with 20 home runs/season hate-worthy. Maybe he doesn't meet with your own set of expectations, but how does Jose Valentin's name NOT come up way before Joe Crede? Way worse average-wise, horrible defensively, about the same in terms of homers.

I have only hated two Sox players: Royce Clayon and Billy Koch. I hated bringing them in at the time, totally disagreed with the moves and was proven right over and over again that they were not performers. Clayton had at one point the worst batting average for any player with more than 100 at bats at something like .105. It was abysmal. You think .220 is bad? Remember that s***? OMG. Koch for Foulke is still the worst trade of Kenny Williams' career, in my opinion. I know Ritchie for the kids was bad, but Koch f***ed our bullpen for 2+ seasons. Ritchie only f***ed us for a little while and Kip Wells and Josh Fogg are not exactly Cy Young material whereas we all know what happened with Foulke.

Mike "Thriller" Jackson, I am sure he was the nicest man in the world, but when he played for the sox his time was over. Nothing better than watching him waltz in from the bullpen and you had that sick feeling of a 3 run dong is about to happen. You watch, helpless and the inherited runners were going to score. He warms up, throwing that 86mph fastball and his featured meatball(slider). He goes 2-0 and here comes the 86mph fastball. Whammo.

Then watching this guy trot out night after night getting destroyed because he had to hit some record while we were still in a divisional race. The day he was released was a great day.

He would come into games that we were up by 5 or 6 runs and give up the farm so it was either a loss or a close game.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
Koch for Foulke is still the worst trade of Kenny Williams' career, in my opinion.

Neal Cotts >>> Keith Foulke right now

We missed out on Foulke being a very good closer for a few years but in the long wrong we may have gotten the better of that deal.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
Al Belle was an asshole, and maybe the worse character ever brought into that clubhouse in many ways, but he was productive.

Beating a dead horse, I know...

But believe it or not, Albert was a ray of sunshine in the clubhouse. If you ever get a chance to meet Frank or Paul or Ozzie or anyone else from the 97 and 98 Sox teams ask them. His issue was with the media, not the players. He's a total jokester and super smart.

i never liked David Wells when he was here.  only one year but it was enough.

How could I forget DW? Not only did he suck, but he publicly criticized Frank for being a wimp even though he had a very serious injury, and then shortly after he went down with a sore back? That was pretty funny.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
If you say so, I think I can believe that, but PK never played with Belle. PKs first year was 1999, and Belle left after 1998. Sorry for nitpicking. :)

No problem, but I didn't say they played together. They live near eachother in Arizona and play golf together in the offseason.

Apology accepted.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
Neal Cotts >>> Keith Foulke right now

We missed out on Foulke being a very good closer for a few years but in the long wrong we may have gotten the better of that deal.

How can you possibly say we got the better of that deal? Koch screwed up our bullpen for two seasons and now he's out of baseball. Foulke saved game 4 of the world series last year. In the long run, we still got one of the worst trades in Sox history.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
How can you possibly say we got the better of that deal? Koch screwed up our bullpen for two seasons and now he's out of baseball. Foulke saved game 4 of the world series last year. In the long run, we still got one of the worst trades in Sox history.

This year we've got the better of the deal because Cotts is way better then Foulke. For the past 2 year it looked like an awful deal.