Brian

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
great breaking ball tonight, every fastball is on the black, havent seen much of the change        Edit: or not as hawk says he has been using the change lol

He must of thrown 20% changeups, it was a thing of beauty. Mac was absolutely brilliant. Right now I'm watching the parts I missed when I headed out for the Angel game (great game, bummed I had to leave when it went to xtra's, but I guess thats what you get when your dad has to get up at 4 AM).

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
From my viewpoint, his change-up was more of his out pitch tonight than his curveball was.  That was great to see.

My 2 cents and we know I'm a huge huge Mac backer, but that was the best changeup I've seen all season this side of Johan. It was just a thing of beauty and he definately had some bounce in his step.

Absolutely brilliant performance.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
My 2 cents and we know I'm a huge huge Mac backer, but that was the best changeup I've seen all season this side of Johan.  It was just a thing of beauty and he definately had some bounce in his step. 

Absolutely brilliant performance.

It's just so nice to see him have confidence in all 3 of his pitches. It seems when his confidence level is up he never misses a corner with his fastball...that is just something I absolutely love to watch. The way Brandon pitches and throws strikes he is going to be a special pitcher imo, and it's not just from this start, I've been high on Brandon since I first saw him pitch in ST.