"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:00 AM)
He does pitch without balls! How is that wrong? Garland is not a gutsy pitcher! Are you happy, is that politically correct and sensitive enough for you? This is pathetic. Dont be so damn sensitive.

Hey, we're not the ones making the rules. However, the people who make the rules have gone out of their way to ask us to clean this site up. If you don't like the rules, then I'm sure the ESPN message boards would be great.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:00 AM)
He does pitch without balls! How is that wrong? Garland is not a gutsy pitcher! Are you happy, is that politically correct and sensitive enough for you? This is pathetic. Dont be so damn sensitive.

He pitches without balls? 'Cause he had a bad start against Texas, he isn't gutsy?

He has a 2.94 ERA vs Cleveland this year.

2.25 vs. Baltimore.

3.86 vs. Anahiem.

.53 vs. Detroit.

1.98 vs. Minny.

1.29 vs. SD.

This year, he has bad ERA's against Boston, Texas, Toronto, and Arizona. Does that make him not gutsy?

Ok, here's the thing. Brandon makes the league minimum. We owe Jose 6 mill next year, Jose behind AJ burnett will be the best arm available. Jose could net us some good talent in return. Think about it, for the team it makes the most sense. Would it be better to get rid of the Duke...hell yes but he wont net us as much in return.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:04 AM)
He pitches without balls?  'Cause he had a bad start against Texas, he isn't gutsy?

This year, he has bad ERA's against Boston, Texas, Toronto, and Arizona.  Does that make him not gutsy?

Of all years to complain about Garland, this is not the year. He was amazing in the first half of the year, and he's been solid in the 2nd half of the year. I'm sure a lot of teams would be happy to take this testicle-free pitcher off of our hands.

Maybe you should take a look at this, just some info on why were being careful.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?ac...ounce&f=2&id=26

Maybe you should take a look at my posts and point out where I threatened to kill or even hurt a player, made sexual innuendo about a player, or even was profane. I didnt call Garland a pussy (I used the traditional word, coward), I didnt call him a f** (that would have been uncalled for). I called him a coward because the way he goes at hitters. For the millionth time, he doesnt attack hitters! How is that wrong? You know what, dont bother to tell me. Go get the admins and if they think what I said about Garland is wrong, then they can ban me and that can be that. If not, how about you just shut it and stop being so sensitive?

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
Maybe you should take a look at my posts and point out where I threatened to kill or even hurt a player, made sexual innuendo about a player, or even was profane. I didnt call Garland a pussy (I used the traditional word, coward), I didnt call him a f** (that would have been uncalled for). I called him a coward because the way he goes at hitters. For the millionth time, he doesnt attack hitters! How is that wrong? You know what, dont bother to tell me. Go get the admins and if they think what I said about Garland is wrong, then they can ban me and that can be that. If not, how about you just shut it and stop being so sensitive?

Hey man layoff, I just told you that you should read that for your own good. I don't care if you did or didn't say you would kill anyone. "You're acting like a cub fan."

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
Hey man layoff, I just told you that you should read that for your own good. I don't care if you did or didn't say you would kill anyone. "You're acting like a cub fan."

and the Cubbies actually won today.

Ok, here's the thing.  Brandon makes the league minimum.  We owe Jose 6 mill next year, Jose behind AJ burnett will be the best arm available.  Jose could net us some good talent in return.  Think about it, for the team it makes the most sense.  Would it be better to get rid of the Duke...hell yes but he wont net us as much in return.

And why would Jose get us more talent? Perhaps because hes a better pitcher? Could that be the case? Id say keep the better pitcher and trade the lesser one for lesser prospects. The Sox should be playing for now, not years in the future. Besides, I like proven goods. How many times has a future great turned into garbage or disappeared completely? Weve had plenty of those. Jose however, is a solid starter and hes proven himself.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
Lol, when was the last time the sox put a few games together without any errors?? They look like butchers out there, for a while now.

Yeah, the defense has looked pretty bad of late, and it seemed to drop off considerably during the losing streak. It seems like they have bad pitching, hitting, fielding, and coaching days all in the same games. Hopefully they got that out of their systems and they can string a decent winning streak together.

You layoff. Personal threats and sexual threats are what that mod condemns. Criticisms to the way a guy pitches are not condemned. If you dont like it, go get the mods. Since youre obviously right, I will be permanently banned, wont I?

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
And why would Jose get us more talent? Perhaps because hes a better pitcher? Could that be the case? Id say keep the better pitcher and trade the lesser one for lesser prospects. The Sox should be playing for now, not years in the future. Besides, I like proven goods. How many times has a future great turned into garbage or disappeared completely? Weve had plenty of those. Jose however, is a solid starter and hes proven himself.

I think the pitching staff in general is solid enough to win a lot of ballgames. The Sox need to shore up the left side of the infield. That should be priority #1 in the offseason if not before the waiver deadline tomorrow. :)