"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, and he's clearly the most underrated player in the AL this season.  If PK is so overrated, then why will so many teams be offering him a lot of money this offseason?

Because teams like the Yankees, Red Sox and Mets blindly sign any player they think is worth it. Remember, the Yankees paid huge sums of money for Kevin Brown, Randy Johnson and Carl Pavano. Just because they get paid a lot of money doesnt mean theyre stars.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
Because teams like the Yankees, Red Sox and Mets blindly sign any player they think is worth it. Remember, the Yankees paid huge sums of money for Kevin Brown, Randy Johnson and Carl Pavano. Just because they get paid a lot of money doesnt mean theyre stars.

At the time they were signed, Randy and Kevin Brown were superstars. Pavano had a great season last year, and a ton of teams went after him. Just cause a player doesn't pan out, it doesn't mean they're overrated.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)

Thats if you don't include Wright who just got back. I would have rather signed Pettite and Clemens back if they were willing to.

i hate morons... but im not saying any names

Of course. Im a moron because I dont think PK is worth 10-15 million, which is what hes going to want. He simply doesnt bring much to the table except homeruns. And this is all irrelevant anyways, because PK will leave at the end of this season.

Ok, now I feel comfortable with this and can finally say something without fearing a jinx (hopefully).

You-know-who is having a great game, much to my surprise. And I couldn't be happier. He's still gotta go a little more into the game, but great so far. Good to see him step up after our co-aced choked.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
At the time they were signed, Randy and Kevin Brown were superstars.  Pavano had a great season last year, and a ton of teams went after him.  Just cause a player doesn't pan out, it doesn't mean they're overrated.

Kevin Brown was good but he was still a big gamble. No excuses there.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)
LOL> i think pablo has the best avg. on this team. Haha.

The one thing I always like about Pablo is his hustle. Also, he does a great job of putting the bat on the ball. I really think he'd be better off just playing 2nd base and SS though. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench next year. Willie Harris on the other hand....

At the time they were signed, Randy and Kevin Brown were superstars.  Pavano had a great season last year, and a ton of teams went after him.  Just cause a player doesn't pan out, it doesn't mean they're overrated.

Pavano had one good season preceded by several of mediocrity. Dont you think the Yankee scouts could have figured it out? No. GS just has a lot of money to throw around so if one guys doesnt work out, it doesnt really matter. If Jon the coward were available at the end of this season, hed be getting huge offers.