"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
With the spin on that ball, I was pretty certain that was going to eat up Uribe.  That grounder definitely would have went 5-hole on Valentin.

I was worried when I saw the feed to Guchi. It looked low.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
I want both Oakland and Anaheim in the playoffs.

If we make the playoffs, I'm praying for a first round matchup with Anahiem. Out of Oakland/Boston/New York/Cleveland, I think we match up best with Anahiem.

I don't think their offense is that strong, and I think we have better pitching. JMO, though...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
If we make the playoffs, I'm praying for a first round matchup with Anahiem.  Out of Oakland/Boston/New York/Cleveland, I think we match up best with Anahiem.

I don't think their offense is that strong, and I think we have better pitching.  JMO, though...

I'm not talking playoffs and the Sox anymore, but Oakland and Anaheim are my choices and in that order.

They are thorns in the Sox side and if the Sox are going to make it to the big game I want them to go through the best.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
I have hope that Uribe's new leg kick is helping him see the ball better.  He hasn't been chasing as many bad pitches lately.

He's also been a lot more patient ever since his sessions with Hrniak. I think he's on the brink of getting to last years form and let me tell ya, that would be a major upgrade.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
He's also been a lot more patient ever since his sessions with Hrniak.  I think he's on the brink of getting to last years form and let me tell ya, that would be a major upgrade.

For some reason though, he's lost his power.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
For some reason though, he's lost his power.

He is too strong not to hit for power. I think it more has to deal with him always being so far out in front he ends up hitting the ball near the end of the bat so much. The new leg kick seems to keep him back a bit longer and I think that will lead to some more power.

1-2-3 inning for Mac and that changeup is really looking good. Its been anywhere from 10-15 MPH off his fastball which he's throwing both inside and outside.

I also love how he's been willing to throw the changeup on 3-2 counts. It shows confidence. :headbang

It'll be 5-0 after the Sox bat next.