"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
He's definately trying to go to right field here.  If I were the Rangers I'd try to bust him in on a fastball here.

He's so in between at the plate right now. His entire upper body is flying open, but his hands are dragging trying to hit the ball to RF. I guess we can't get too upset with RISP and Iguchi, as he hit the homer off of Seattle. However, it's been a real struggle for him lately.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Great clutch hitting by the top of our order.

I still point to the law of averages. There is no way this club will continue to fail with runners in scoring position like it has the past 3 weeks. They are solid hitters (no this isn't a great offensive team, but its certainly capable of being a good one) and sometime soon the club is going to start hitting better than average with runners in scoring position.

It will all even itself out, imo and I really think were gonna see this offense go on a decent tear at somepoint during the remainder of the season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
And a very nice outside zone also.  That ball looked to be off the plate by a few inches.

Probably was, but than again, so was Bmac's pitch to Texiera that was called strike 3. Of course I'm bias, I'm a fan of pitching and tend to think everything semi near the plate is a strike, lol. I guess its the pitcher in me :P

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
I still point to the law of averages.  There is no way this club will continue to fail with runners in scoring position like it has the past 3 weeks.  They are solid hitters (no this isn't a great offensive team, but its certainly capable of being a good one) and sometime soon the club is going to start hitting better than average with runners in scoring position. 

It will all even itself out, imo and I really think were gonna see this offense go on a decent tear at somepoint during the remainder of the season.

Compared to the last few weeks, the last 2 and a half games have been offensive tears. All I know is the Dye is the key to this offense. He's the connecting force between the top and bottom of the order.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
Probably was, but than again, so was Bmac's pitch to Texiera that was called strike 3.  Of course I'm bias, I'm a fan of pitching and tend to think everything semi near the plate is a strike, lol.  I guess its the pitcher in me  :P

Oh ya, when you're facing a hitting team like the Rangers, you want as big of a zone as possible.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
Compared to the last few weeks, the last 2 and a half games have been offensive tears.  All I know is the Dye is the key to this offense.  He's the connecting force between the top and bottom of the order.

I agree with you on Dye. He's a real key kog cause when he's on this offense has a lot more depth to it. If he's off, you can really pitch around the hitters, imo.

That was a wicked hook Bmac just threw to Soriano. That ball just dropped to the ground and Soriano weekly grounded out.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
That was a wicked hook Bmac just threw to Soriano.  That ball just dropped to the ground and Soriano weekly grounded out.

I flinched a little when it was hit, worried it would eat up Blum at 3b. Then, I realized it was Ozuna at 3b, and got even more nervous.

That should have been strike 3 on Mench.