"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
Is that pitcher in the night cap making is MLB debut?  If so we are f***ed.  we will lose a full game to the Indians today without them playing.

MLB debut for that guy.

He can't wait to take the mound if I'm that guy.

7 1/3 4H 2ER 1BB 6K

That's my guess.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
CJ Wilson goes 5 and gives up 1?  What a sad sad offense.

WHAT WOULD HAWK SAY!!

Well, I'll tell ya, sometimes those numbers lie, you get a guy out there making his pitches, gettin' into a grove and you just have to tip your hat

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
Haha. I'm seriously worried about you guys. Yall are gonna have a heart attack before this seasons over.

I think it's the people that were in denial that this team wasn't the greatest of all time are the ones who are ready to jump off the ledge. Seriously, if we completely collapse, we didn't deserve to make the playoffs, and KW better be looking for another job.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)
and you aren't worried?? If they keep playing like this by the end of this week this division will be tiedm, which means were done.

I'm worried about how they are playing, not about losing the division. Our lead is 6.5. Every team in baseball would KILL for a lead like that cept for the Cards. After this series is over we have an easy schedule just like the Indians have had.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)
I'm worried about how they are playing, not about losing the division. Our lead is 6.5. Every team in baseball would KILL for a lead like that cept for the Cards. After this series is over we have an easy schedule just like the Indians have had.

Where have you been??? With Willie?? This team is playing like s*** right now. For the past 3 weeks maybe even more. We are not safe right now f*** the lead.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)

That lead keeps shrinking with every passing week. A few weeks ago we were the best team in baseball, then we were the best team in the AL (which will be gone before the season ends), and we might have to be worrying about being the best team in our division if things keep up.

And I'm not too excited about making the playoffs. We're not very good against good teams.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)

After tonight our lead will be 6.

We have to play detroit who took 2 out of 3 the last time we faced them. I am glad we are resting on our first half laurels like these teams we play in the month of september are just going to roll over.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)

Jphat...I'm actually with you on this, that there's no reason to give up hope now. However, it seems like we've been saying "oh, the lead is 10...oh, the lead is 8...etc." How long until you actually get worried?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
That lead keeps shrinking with every passing week.  A few weeks ago we were the best team in baseball, then we were the best team in the AL (which will be gone before the season ends), and we might have to be worrying about being the best team in our division if things keep up.

And I'm not too excited about making the playoffs.  We're not very good against good teams.

At this rate, the only thing we'll be able to say is: "Best team in Chicago"