"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

Wow, this will be the most embarassing Sox lost I can remember in a long time.

I think the pitcher who gave up one earned run for 4-5 innings had an 8.50 era coming in

played defense like garbage and Garland couldn't make one pitch to help his team out of it.

The last few innings of offense have been an absolute joke.

If I'm the pitcher making my debut for the Rangers tonight I can not wait. This team is going to basically lay down.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A little over a day for KW. He has to do something because even making the playoffs will now be a struggle, let alone not getting destroyed in the first round.

He should know by now that he has to do whatever he can to help this team. He has to get someone to at least shake the team up. No move by midnight tomorrow will mean no second round of the playoffs for us.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
BTW, what did Willie Harris do to deserve getting the chance to start on this team again?  For a team that's struggling offensively, I don't see how adding one of the weaker hitters in the AL is going to help your offense.

C'mon, a .266 avg in AAA doesn't put fear in the hearts of pitchers when Wee Willie steps up to the plate?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
A little over a day for KW.  He has to do something because even making the playoffs will now be a struggle, let alone not getting destroyed in the first round.

He should know by now that he has to do whatever he can to help this team.  He has to get someone to at least shake the team up.  No move by midnight tomorrow will mean no second round of the playoffs for us.

I don't think people are concerned about advancing in the playoffs anymore. I think people are beginning to worry we won't make the playoffs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
The exciting thing is that we're going to have another Sunday lineup in for this next game.  I'll bet that the Rangers play their 4 core players (all of which are better than any of our hitters).

Yep, I bet Ozzie won't play Pods 2 games in one day. Widger definetly in. Probably Timo leading off.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
A little over a day for KW.  He has to do something because even making the playoffs will now be a struggle, let alone not getting destroyed in the first round.

He should know by now that he has to do whatever he can to help this team.  He has to get someone to at least shake the team up.  No move by midnight tomorrow will mean no second round of the playoffs for us.

I hate to break it to, but I have a feeling this is what you'll be getting.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
BTW, what did Willie Harris do to deserve getting the chance to start on this team again?  For a team that's struggling offensively, I don't see how adding one of the weaker hitters in the AL is going to help your offense.

That is an excellent, excellent question. I have no idea why he is anywhere near a professional baseball diamond. Pitiful

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
It's too bad Pods couldn't return a week ago to show KW that he alone wasn't going to spark this team.

We've scored 11 runs in our last two games. Thats good for us. Pitching and defense have been the problems in this losing streak.