"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sad. Jon Garland has great stuff. He could be a great pitcher. But he is a coward, and until he grows a pair, hes not gonna amount to anything. He will be a decent pitcher who dominates crap teams and gets shaken up by the big boys and as a result he'll have a few good seasons mixed in with several bad ones. A real waste of potential in my book.

Did I not say his ERA would plummet? This s*** always happens. It's not just typical venting and stuff like that. I knew this was going to happen as soon as they brought this schlub on.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
This is sad. Jon Garland has great stuff. He could be a great pitcher. But he is a coward, and until he grows a pair, hes not gonna amount to anything. He will be a decent pitcher who dominates crap teams and gets shaken up by the big boys and as a result he'll have a few good seasons mixed in with several bad ones. A real waste of potential in my book.

We get the point.

Who would have guessed that Pods and his .220 on base pct in LIPS wouldn't come through there? I just got home from work, but to let Wilson dominate you like this is pathetic. Also, when will Ozzie just take a starter out before the start of an inning when it's obvious they don't have anything?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
when will Ozzie just take a starter out before the start of an inning when it's obvious they don't have anything?

Probably in the last game vs Cleveland when they clinch the division against us.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
We will have Doug Brocail in the 9th, if we don't score at least one run of him, we don't derserve to make the playoffs.

I don't think we already do, considering today was CJ Wilson Domination Day.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
BTW, what did Willie Harris do to deserve getting the chance to start on this team again?  For a team that's struggling offensively, I don't see how adding one of the weaker hitters in the AL is going to help your offense.

The Ross Gload conspiracy lives on.