"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The pitching we will be facing is a joke and our hitters should be able to hit today. If the struggle to score runs in both games, then its time to start to worry.

Garland has to be a stopper today. And BMAC needs to get ahead of the hitters.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sox's depth will be put to the test at Texas, especially with Tuesday's doubleheader.

Manager Ozzie Guillen plans to rest second baseman Tadahito Iguchi in one of the games and start designated hitter Carl Everett in the outfield in another game Tuesday.

Hopefully, McCarthy new arm angle will be beneficial, and hopefully, Garland will pitch will be pitching when the Rangers can't see the light from center field :D

We need at least one of these.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

Game 1 Lineup:

Pods, LF

Uribe, SS

Everett, DH

Konerko, 1B

AJ, C

Dye, RF

Rowand, CF

Willie, 2B

Blum, 3B

Garland, P

Dellucci, LF

Young, SS

Teixeira, DH

Blalock, 3B

Soriano, 2B

Mench, RF

Gonzalez, 1B

Matthews, CF

Barajas, C

Benoit, P

:gosox1:

Edited by robinventura23

why do we keep batting AJ in a power spot. The guy has already surpassed his career high in homers. Please put Dye up there in a position to drive in some runs.

Brian-lets call on the power of Christina's taught behind to bring us a vicotry today.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
why do we keep batting AJ in a power spot.  The guy has already surpassed his career high in homers.  Please put Dye up there in a position to drive in some runs.

I totally agree. I don't know why Ozzie keeps doing this :huh...............I think it's definitely time for a lineup shakeup. Let's go back to the one we used earlier in the year, it worked better than this current piece of s*** lineup has......Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, PK, Everett, Dye, AJ, Uribe, Blum....

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
why do we keep batting AJ in a power spot.  The guy has already surpassed his career high in homers.  Please put Dye up there in a position to drive in some runs.

Brian-lets call on the power of Christina's taught behind to bring us a vicotry today.

ozzie loves to alternate lefties and righties as much as possible for later in the game matchups.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
I totally agree. I don't know why Ozzie keeps doing this  :huh...............I think it's definitely time for a lineup shakeup. Let's go back to the one we used earlier in the year, it worked better than this current piece of s*** lineup has......Pods, Iguchi, Rowand, PK, Everett, Dye, AJ, Uribe, Blum....

Arow batting either 2nd or 3rd is a good thing. It would get him more fastballs and allow him to shine. Arow has had no protection this year at all. So they no longer pitch to him and he is not patient enough to lay off pitches. Those two things add up to more strikeouts and lower OBP.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
Arow batting either 2nd or 3rd is a good thing.  It would get him more fastballs and allow him to shine.  Arow has had no protection this year at all.  So they no longer pitch to him and he is not patient enough to lay off pitches.  Those two things add up to more strikeouts and lower OBP.

yep, but Ozzie is too blind to see that.

Edited by CYGarland

Uribe has been hitting a lot better lately. If Pods can get on and steals some bags, then maybe Uribe can go something Iguchi has been struggling to do lately --- drive someone home with RISP.