White Sox VS. Red SOX -Game thread (Sep 5th)

kman

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Reddy @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
the future makes me quiver with excitement

Buehrle Garland Garcia Bmac Count

or in whatever order.  doesnt really matter but damn.  f***in best rotation

How about this in two years:

Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, McCarthy, and Cotts

That's true perhaps, but you also claimed Garland was a worthless wimp, a coward, and that Guillen should lose his job after this season.

Garland pitches like a coward (look guys, I was careful how I said it! :bang ). Watch Pedro pitch. He attacks hitters. He could have faced Babe Ruth without even flinching. And he would have come right at him. He doesnt back down for anyone. Garland is scared of the hitters. He will never be a great if he doesnt gain courage. As for Ozzie, he was here last year and we stunk. Its the new guys who made us good. We are winning in spite of Ozzie. All he does is bring bad publicity with his goofy jokes.

And, McCarthy, all I can say is damn. He will be on my favorites list shortly if he keeps this up. 14 straight innings without allowing a run, but unlike Garland who did his scoreless streak against Detroit and Oakland (when they stunk), BMac has done it against Boston and Texas, the two best offenses around. BMac is an aggressive pitcher, and he will soon be better than Garland could ever hope to be. Ace in the making, and a completely different pitcher than he was earlier. This kid aint scared of nothin'.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
i dunno i'm loving the count right now.  if he can stay this way we've got a helluva rotation... i'm kinda partial to cotts stayin in relief tho

I know this is for another thread, but I think there's an extremely high likelihood we trade him this offseason for offensive help.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
they're not exactly trying on stretchign him out this season, i don't know about that.

I've heard rumors that over the offseason, they want to make him a starter again. I disagree with the move, but since I don't make those decisions, I can only root for the best.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
I know this is for another thread, but I think there's an extremely high likelihood we trade him this offseason for offensive help.

i'd be all for it if we could. then i'd love to see if cotts could do it.