**Official Core of the Core Thread

Heads22

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
I'm not understanding how this thing was set up.  It seems like you should have had a section all together, but, instead, were scattered all around the park.  If it was anonymity you were seeking, you could have stayed home in front of your computer. :ph34r:

Everyone was together in 7 rows in section 105.

Went to the game myself. Had a pretty good time, but a little disappointed because was hoping to meet some of the posters. Was in row 12 seat 8. Surrounded by WSI posters. They seemed all right, but was just hoping to be with and meet more of "our" core group. I kind of thought that whoever did the seating arrangement would have kept Sox talk in one solid group and WSI in their group, if anything......just for familiarity and association purposes.

Southsider2K4, Big Sqwert, Cubs Suck1.................was nice meeting you!!!

Was hoping to meet Chisoxfn, Steff, and other regular posters, but it didn't work out. Maybe another time!!

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
Well, that makes sense.  It seemed like, from the posts, that people had trouble identifying one another.  Next year will be way better, I'm sure.

I wonder if the turnout was high enough for them to even consider doing that again next year?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
I wonder if the turnout was high enough for them to even consider doing that again next year?

There were over 200 between the two boards, I think they will do it again. If we schedule early this time, we can get a premo night instead of a crappy night against a worse team.

Actually this might be a good time to start thinking of idea for things next year. I like the idea of doing the core of the core again, and also playing a softball game, (either by ourselves or vs WSI) in addition to the regularly scheduled tailgates that happen throughout the season.

Any other cool ideas for stuff we could do around Sox games??

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
There were over 200 between the two boards, I think they will do it again.  If we schedule early this time, we can get a premo night instead of a crappy night against a worse team.

Actually this might be a good time to start thinking of idea for things next year.  I like the idea of doing the core of the core again, and also playing a softball game, (either by ourselves or vs WSI) in addition to the regularly scheduled tailgates that happen throughout the season.

I will be visiting Washington/Richmond/Bristol area next year, how hard (how much) will it be to get to Chicago for a couple of days?

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 05:04 AM)
Went to the game myself.  Had a pretty good time, but a little disappointed because was hoping to meet some of the posters. Was in row 12 seat 8. Surrounded by WSI posters. They seemed all right, but was just hoping to be with and meet more of "our" core group. I kind of thought that whoever did the seating arrangement would have kept Sox talk in one solid group and WSI in their group, if anything......just for familiarity and association purposes.

Southsider2K4, Big Sqwert, Cubs Suck1.................was nice meeting you!!!

Was hoping to meet Chisoxfn, Steff, and other regular posters, but it didn't work out. Maybe another time!!

Haha, yes. You da man :cheers

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
There were over 200 between the two boards, I think they will do it again.  If we schedule early this time, we can get a premo night instead of a crappy night against a worse team.

Actually this might be a good time to start thinking of idea for things next year.  I like the idea of doing the core of the core again, and also playing a softball game, (either by ourselves or vs WSI) in addition to the regularly scheduled tailgates that happen throughout the season.

Over 200, huh? Not bad, all things considered.

So did it shake down like this?

WSI - 192

Soxtalk - 9

:P :D

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
I will be visiting Washington/Richmond/Bristol area next year, how hard (how much) will it be to get to Chicago for a couple of days?

Not too hard. I think there are some round trip flights out of Washington or Baltimore for pretty inexpensive (maybe 140-159 bucks roundtrip).

The general attitude toward Soxtalk at WSI is that it's beneath them. WSI reminds me of High School. Very very cliqueish. In order to stay with the "in" crowd you have to be go with the prevailing winds of the day. I've seen some good long time posters get savaged there recently. That being said, I hope those of you that attended this affair had at the very least a good time. The guys who put together this site, along with those that maintain it have done a great job. I would never have the patience or the fortitude . I salute all of you. Same for WSI. The site has some features that are impressive to say the least. I just don't like the snobbery evident on the boards.

Edited by Yossarian