Official NFL General Discussion Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 04:40 AM)
and I think they have a better O-Line than the Bills by quite a bit.

I would almost dispute this. Bledsoe was getting good protection in our early games, no doubt. Then Flozell Adams got injured. So you've got Torrin Tucker and Rob Pettiti as your Offensive Tackles. Marco Rivera never recovered from his back injury before training camp. Al Johnson still gets pushed around by huge nose tackles because he's not big enough. And Larry Allen is just getting too old now.

Bledsoe showed, if he got good protection, he can still be a damaging QB. He was unluecky not to make the Pro Bowl in front of Jake Delhomme in all honesty.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
I would almost dispute this. Bledsoe was getting good protection in our early games, no doubt. Then Flozell Adams got injured. So you've got Torrin Tucker and Rob Pettiti as your Offensive Tackles. Marco Rivera never recovered from his back injury before training camp. Al Johnson still gets pushed around by huge nose tackles because he's not big enough. And Larry Allen is just getting too old now.

Exactly the point...Bledsoe was sacked 20 times in the 1st half of the season and 29 times in the 2nd half. His QB Rating in the 1st half was 97, in the 2nd half it dropped to 70. Bledsoe's season looked decent for the time he was getting decent protection. He would not have gotten any protection at all with the Bills, because their O-Line was constantly terrible. He may very well have wound up hurt.

He probably would have been better than Losman because he's a veteran, but it wouldn't have been by much because he'd have had no protection and he'd be on the ground all the time. Personally I think that, especially once Spikes went down, it became a good idea to just start getting Losman more playing time so that maybe he can develop into something. Bledsoe wouldn't be QBing the Bills to a title 2 years from now even if we held onto him. Losman, however, is still a piece that can grow into a system, and he did show some promise at the end of the year.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
Why Seattle??

Jesus, missed a FG.  The Redskins have been asking to be put otta their mysery for two weeks.

What has the state of Washington won in any professional sport besides in "The 6th Man" starring Marlon Wayans? Basically jack unless you count that NBA championship from the 60's. That and because my Cowboys aren't in the playoffs.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
I'm looking ahead and I'd MUCH rather have the Bears face Wash.

Well I'm not a Bears fan so that would be another reason. Heck, I even said in UIC's "Flame"(newspaper) that the Bears will get their asses kicked in the playoffs after I was asked whether or not the Bears could pull of a White Sox.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
I really don't know what to expect from Grossman.  It surprised the hell out of me that they didn't let him play at all in that last game to adjust and work off some rust.

I think he'll be fine and maybe his lack of play time can be an advantage since there isn't much film on him. He doesn't need to be spectacular, only good enough. If he doesn't make costly turnovers when he passes and we run the ball well, we'll be fine.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
Let's hope.  If they lose and he doesn't perform well, though, they'll catch a lot of s*** for not letting him play before.

The Chicago media can kiss my ass. They flip flop worse than in any other city. If the Bears win tomorrow, Smith will be a genius for having rested everyone. If they lose, he'll be a moron for having rested everyone.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
The Chicago media can kiss my ass.  They flip flop worse than in any other city.  If the Bears win tomorrow, Smith will be a genius for having rested everyone.  If they lose, he'll be a moron for having rested everyone.

The Chicago media flip flop?! Get the f*** out :lol:

It's the same way Dusty Baker is going from the greatest manager ever to a pariah in a few seasons.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
The Chicago media flip flop?!  Get the f*** out :lol:

It's the same way Dusty Baker is going from the greatest manager ever to a pariah in a few seasons.

....and KW not doing enough at the trade deadline last year by 'only' picking up Blum and passing on Griffey. Now everyone is on his nuts.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
Well I'm not a Bears fan so that would be another reason. Heck, I even said in UIC's "Flame"(newspaper) that the Bears will get their asses kicked in the playoffs after I was asked whether or not the Bears could pull of a White Sox.

You dont watch a lot of Bears games do you?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 06:29 PM)
I really don't know what to expect from Grossman.  It surprised the hell out of me that they didn't let him play at all in that last game to adjust and work off some rust.

He seemed just fine to me in the action he saw. I dont expect him to have any problem getting things going against Carolina.