White Sox @ Royals 9/13 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:19 AM)
Tying run in scoring position, nobody out... Ozzie is still thinking about Marte.

Seriously, what the f*** is he thinking? Contreras goes and lets the first 4 batters of the inning reach base. With Contreras's track record, you get him out of the game before the full implosion. Of course, that would actually have to require Ozzie to be proactive with his starting pitchers.

This is where the stupidity of Ozzie comes in to place. He comes out to the mound as Contreras is about to load the bases and says hey your fine buddy go out there and get it done. Contreras has thrown lots of pitches by now and Ozzie has allowed him to pitch in an inning that let the Royals get back in the game. There aren't any outs yer either. They could even take the lead. He has to stop throwing wild pitches with men on third. Contreras and Garcia do that all the time.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
Seriously, what the f*** is he thinking?  Contreras goes and lets the first 4 batters of the inning reach base.  With Contreras's track record, you get him out of the game before the full implosion.  Of course, that would actually have to require Ozzie to be proactive with his starting pitchers.

I would have pulled him when he got down 2-0 to stairs.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
I would have pulled him when he got down 2-0 to stairs.

Not me, I want to see what Jose can do in this situation. He's been a different pitcher the past month and I'd like to see if he's developed the stones to get out of a pressure situation like this with the lead intact. Its something they will have to know if they win a few more games before the season ends.

What the f***. Your gonna make a change after Jose goes in and sits down 2 straight guys. Really pisses me off.

Count pitched a solid game and Politte will probably give up a 2 run single or something. I absolutely despise the quick hooks when a guy looks like he gets rolling. Plus I'm just not a fan of using as many relievers as Ozzie has.