White Sox @ Royals 9/13 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
He currently has had two and a half awful months this year. He also had one great one and two medicore ones... will not be sad to see him go.

I won't be either. Than again, I won't be sad to see Frank go either. I just hope the Sox will be creative and find a way to add two more bats while keeping Konerko. Obviously one of those bats will be at DH, the other could be at 3rd or SS.

As I type this, AJ grounds out. Why the f*** won't he go opposite field. AJ has been pulling everything this year. I remember him going to left field a lot more in years past.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:43 AM)
this is like he was for the latter half of last season.  If he can get going, the Sox could have a legit 3 hole hitter.  *Dreams*

I may be in the minority here, but I hope that Uribe and Rowand are still up the middle next year. I can't see anyone coming in and being a defensive improvement over either of the two.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:45 AM)
I may be in the minority here, but I hope that Uribe and Rowand are still up the middle next year.  I can't see anyone coming in and being a defensive improvement over either of the two.

I agree with you...shockingly :P For their salary, we're not going to do much better. It's up to KW to upgrade the offense at the DH and 3B spot.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
Obviously one of those bats will be at DH, the other could be at 3rd or SS.

It will be a 3B....

Uribe is..

1) Healthy

2) Hispanic

3) Coachable (at least compared to Crede)

Crede has offseason back surgery in his future. Drops his back shoulder more than any player in baseball, yet refuses to correct it. And is a Scott Boras client.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
Sox did have 2 basehits with 2 outs tonight though.  Thats not all that bad. They failed miserably in the 1st inning, but aside from that they've actually gotten a couple 2 out rallies and have hit the ball hard most of the game.

Stop being so positove while we are all trying to be negative!!!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:46 AM)
It will be a 3B....

Uribe is..

1) Healthy

2) Hispanic

Crede has offseason back surgery in his future. Drops his back shoulder more than any player in baseball, yet refuses to correct it. And is a Scott Boras client.

If I had any faith that he could turn in around... and that we could get Seattle to take on some money...

Adrian Beltre.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:47 AM)
If I had any faith that he could turn in around...  and that we could get Seattle to take on some money...

Adrian Beltre.

I would look into seeing if the Mariners want to add to their Japanese product by trading Iguchi in a possible deal. It's a lot easier to find a solid 2b than it is a powerful 3b in this market.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
It will be a 3B....

Uribe is..

1) Healthy

2) Hispanic

I tend to agree with you. Of course there aren't many 3rd baseman out there that would fit my needs for the Sox (almost as good defensively as Crede, left handed bat would be a plus, but not required as long as the new DH swings from the left side).

Beltre and Chavez would obviously fit that bill (I realize Chavez isn't an option). Chad Tracy can't play 3rd base full time nor can Aubrey Huff. Both of them could fit as a DH (I know there may be better options than Huff, but if you can get him for a good value I think he's worth the risk).

I'll throw out another option for you. Jeff Kent as a DH. Dodgers are a total mess and could consider dealing him with a year left. The guy can still hit and could ocassionally play some 2nd and 3rd.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
If I had any faith that he could turn in around...  and that we could get Seattle to take on some money...

Adrian Beltre.

I can see beltre putting up a near .900 ops here... but still would not make him worth the money. It's not like the mariners would ever take money on, because quite frankly they should not have to.