White Sox @ Royals 9/13 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
He has played over 150 games five times now ( gonna be six) and has over 500 at-bats six times in his career... hardly was his first full season last year. It was his first full season of doing really well though... will give you that. I am not saying he doesn't have the potential to be really good and stay really good for years and year... but i rather not be the sucker paying him 12 million a year when we have money problems as is.

I meant to say 1st full healthy season.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 05:03 AM)
Teams can make an absolute killing off of dealing 'closers' in the off-season. 

Deal him for a regular reliever who had a decent season, yet not big in the 'flashy' relievers stats like saves.  Get a prospect, too.

I'd look to trade Politte before I would Hermanson. I actually think there's going to be a lot of changes this offseason. Something I was thinking about was this: would Ozzie and KW take a chance with putting Rowand in RF, Dye at 1b, and try to sign Juan Pierre? You know Ozzie loves Pierre.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
He has played over 150 games five times now ( gonna be six) and has over 500 at-bats six times in his career... hardly was his first full season last year. It was his first full season of doing really well though... will give you that. I am not saying he doesn't have the potential to be really good and stay really good for years and year... but i rather not be the sucker paying him 12 million a year when we have money problems as is.

I should add, 12 million a year is more than the Sox paid Everett and Thomas combined last year. The Sox can afford to pay Beltre 12 million.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
Yankees always want him. Weren't there rumors they were looking to trade for him around the dead line?

Depends if they sign Burnett if the off-season and what happens with RJ, Pavano, Wright etc.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:04 AM)
I say deal him, Marte for Chad Tracy (and try to get something else from Arizona).  If they want Fields too, fine by me.  I really like Chad Tracy and think he'd be a tremendous fit in this offense.  Could DH most of the time, ocassionally spelling Konerko at 1st and whoever is playing 3rd.

I should add, it is a must to sign Konerko.  There is no option of not resigning him.  It will be way too difficult to lose Konerko and bring in 3 new bats, considering the ineptness of this years FA crop.

I just hope konerko is extremely happy with chicago and does not care about them money since he will be able to get better offers than from the white sox.

I am a funny one.

I'd look to trade Politte before I would Hermanson.  I actually think there's going to be a lot of changes this offseason.  Something I was thinking about was this:  would Ozzie and KW take a chance with putting Rowand in RF, Dye at 1b, and try to sign Juan Pierre?  You know Ozzie loves Pierre.

he also loves TIMO so that'd kind of jinx pierre

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
I say deal him, Marte for Chad Tracy (and try to get something else from Arizona).  If they want Fields too, fine by me.  I really like Chad Tracy and think he'd be a tremendous fit in this offense.  Could DH most of the time, ocassionally spelling Konerko at 1st and whoever is playing 3rd.

I should add, it is a must to sign Konerko.  There is no option of not resigning him.  It will be way too difficult to lose Konerko and bring in 3 new bats, considering the ineptness of this years FA crop.

I'd take that deal in second. Don't think Arizona would though.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
I should add, 12 million a year is more than the Sox paid Everett and Thomas combined last year.  The Sox can afford to pay Beltre 12 million.

They have nearly 70 million invested in 16 players next year i have just read. That seems kinda high to me but i have not checked to see if it was accurate or not. Either way, i would rather up grade at mutiple positions than just one... especially considering the guy we would be paying twelve millio has only had one great year and one solid one.