Ozzie Guillen

fathom

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:17 AM)
STFU this time Fathom, STFU. This is not Ozzies fault tonight. For once blame the players. This is all on there shoulders tonight.

The 6th inning was simply horrible managing. Go look in the gamethread...you'll see that everyone could tell Garcia was done with. The blame for this game goes directly to Garcia and Hermanson, but this game should have never been this close.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
STFU this time Fathom, STFU. This is not Ozzies fault tonight. For once blame the players. This is all on there shoulders tonight.

My thoughts exactly.

I mean, how many f***in' errors did Ozzie have tonight???

I understand that there are plenty of Ozzie-haters on here, but that's just ridiculous...

So its Ozzie's fault that the Sox couldnt field tonight?

I hate how he gets the blame when they do poorly. Yes, he's made some questionable calls, but for the most part of the season, those calls have won games. So stop whining when they lose a few.

Ozzie made 1 mistake tonight...leaving Freddy out there for the 6th. He deserves scorn for it. But that 1 mistake did not lose the game any more than any of the other mistakes this team made did.

This game was lost by about 8 different people. Ozzie doesn't deserve any more blame than anyone else on that roster.

The title of the thread should be towards Freddy Garcia.

We stake the guy nine f***ing runs, against the KANSAS CITY f***ING ROYALS, AND YOU CAN'T KEEP 'EM UNDER SIX?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!

Gosh damnit, I'm embarassed. I'm embarassed to be a Sox fan right now. This is f***ing horrible.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:19 AM)
So its Ozzie's fault that the Sox couldnt field tonight?

I hate how he gets the blame when they do poorly.  Yes, he's made some questionable calls, but for the most part of the season, those calls have won games.  So stop whining when they lose a few.

The Sox had total control of this game at 9-5 heading into the bottom of the 6th. Garcia clearly had nothing tonight, and just busted his ass to get out of the 5th inning with 91 pitches thrown. So, why bring him out to start the next inning? That is the move by Ozzie I'm criticizing tonight....and it's a common managing problem he's had all season. He has no clue when to pull his starters.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
The title of the thread should be towards Freddy Garcia.

We stake the guy nine f***ing runs, against the KANSAS CITY f***ING ROYALS, AND YOU CAN'T KEEP 'EM UNDER SIX?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!

Gosh damnit, I'm embarassed.  I'm embarassed to be a Sox fan right now.  This is f***ing horrible.

He had gone 5 innings, and allowed 5 runs. Not a great start, but good enough that when you score 9 runs, you should win.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:22 AM)
Ozzie made 1 mistake tonight...leaving Freddy out there for the 6th.  He deserves scorn for it.  But that 1 mistake did not lose the game any more than any of the other mistakes this team made did.

This game was lost by about 8 different people.  Ozzie doesn't deserve any more blame than anyone else on that roster.

That is the criticism on Ozzie. He tends to stay with these starters to long when they ain't got it. Other then that he doesn't hit or field

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:25 AM)
That is the criticism on Ozzie. He tends to stay with these starters to long when they ain't got it. Other then that he doesn't hit or field

And that's all I was blaming him for tonight. However, if the ship goes down, usually the captain is the one who goes down with it.

It is the manager's job to get his team ready to play and give them the best shot at winning. When the starter gives up 7 runs in 5.1 innings to a horses*** team, it is the mangers fault by not knowing what is going on with his pitcher.

When the reliever we could have used to face Teahan was used 3 innings earlier,it is the manager's fault.

This game was Ozzief***'s fault who will he blame tonight, the fans that didn't go to KC to cheer on our heros.

We are 1-5 in our last six, tell me again about having to play .500 ball. WE have to win tomorrow and all three over the weekend to be at .500.

I hope Buerhle steps up.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
You realized he makes poor managerial move after poor managerial move too?

Have you Ozzie supporters not seen how quickly and how hard this team has gone to s***s? Ozzie, right now, is absolutely clueless on how to right the ship. Clueless...Ozzie givith...Ozzie takith away....

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:25 AM)
And that's all I was blaming him for tonight.  However, if the ship goes down, usually the captain is the one who goes down with it.

Acknowledged. I just hope these guys get their collective heads out of their dark spaces and get it together. We all want that title. But, they have to play better all the way around.

I just had to watch the update from ESPN. Pathetic. Indians only 5 out and waiting for the chance to play the Sox

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:26 AM)
Have you Ozzie supporters not seen how quickly and how hard this team has gone to s***s?  Ozzie, right now, is absolutely clueless on how to right the ship.  Clueless...Ozzie givith...Ozzie takith away....

WTF? I was bashing Ozzie...

I am in no way an Ozzie supporter.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
The Sox had total control of this game at 9-5 heading into the bottom of the 6th.  Garcia clearly had nothing tonight, and just busted his ass to get out of the 5th inning with 91 pitches thrown.  So, why bring him out to start the next inning?  That is the move by Ozzie I'm criticizing tonight....and it's a common managing problem he's had all season.  He has no clue when to pull his starters.

Even with that, the Sox were still winning, and they only lost because of their defense. Was it Ozzie's fault that their defense couldnt field tonight?

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Even with that, the Sox were still winning, and they only lost because of their defense.  Was it Ozzie's fault that their defense couldnt field tonight?

They only lost because they gave up more runs than they scored. Due largely to leaving in a lame duck on the mound...

I know folks are frustarted but I criticize Ozzie like any good arm chair manager, bit I think he has done a lot of good for the team. He is still learning I just don't want his inexperience as a manager blowing this season for a Sox championship chance