Game Thread -- Friday, September 16th

CWSGuy406

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
Whether he's healthy or not he is still a liability right now. They should put someone in LF who can catch the ball, and drive in a run once in a while.

Bingo! He's just not contributing enough to be playing every day. Oh well, he'll be playing the rest of the season, so no reason to b**** about it more.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Iguchi swings through a hanging slider.  This feels like every single Twins debacle ever!

The bright side of the Sox folding against Minnesota again is at least Hawk will have to quit ripping Manuel on broadcasts when his boy Ozzie has a team that does the same if not greater fade.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Iguchi swings through a hanging slider.  This feels like every single Twins debacle ever!

On the other hand....what would it mean for this team to win this damn game? To pull one out at the end of the season against the Twins? That alone could start an 8 game winning streak.

Yes, I've been drinking.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Bingo!  He's just not contributing enough to be playing every day.  Oh well, he'll be playing the rest of the season, so no reason to b**** about it more.

He's hitting .360 in September. There is no way you take him out.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 02:18 AM)
How many folks are going to ride it out on The Titanic?

I'm going down with the ship, even though I told everyone they should be cautious climbing on board. I can't swim very well, so I'm definitely screwed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
I'm going down with the ship, even though I told everyone they should be cautious climbing on board.  I can't swim very well, so I'm definitely screwed.

I ride it out with you Fathom. I'm a good swimmer. Although we have differences, I still save you buddy!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 02:19 AM)
He's hitting .360 in September. There is no way you take him out.

I know. That very deceptive .360 is a reason why there's not a chance in the world that he'll ever be taken out. It's fine...Ozzie is going to win or lose w/the people that put us in this place. That's his decision, and I just hope he doesn't try to deflect the blame like he's been doing lately if things end bad.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
Its the lightest .360 you ever want to see. He's not going to the bench, but this guy generates very few runs.

Only because he keeps getting thrown out at 2nd every damn time he's on base.

He needs to get the stop sign until he's healthier.