Everett and Crede make this team weaker

whitesoxgt

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
I still think Crede is going to prove to be a solid ML 3B.  I think Jurassic is quickly approaching the end of the line.

Just because I'm curious, it's late, and I wanna start conversation...

How solid do you think? .250 20 70 .750 OPS and like top 3-5 defensively in the majors, or perhaps better than that, say around .275 25 100 .825 OPS and still the same range defensively at his peak? Or somewhere in between?

I also agree very much on Everett. Perhaps a decent 4th OFer as his career winds down, but I don't invision much more than that.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
Just because I'm curious, it's late, and I wanna start conversation...

How solid do you think?  .250 20 70 .750 OPS and like top 3-5 defensively in the majors, or perhaps better than that, say around .275 25 100 .825 OPS and still the same range defensively at his peak?  Or somewhere in between?

I also agree very much on Everett.  Perhaps a decent 4th OFer as his career winds down, but I don't invision much more than that.

.270 or so 20-25 HR 75-90 RBI

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 12:25 AM)
.270 or so  20-25 HR 75-90 RBI

The whole organisation has been telling me for about 3 years that these are the numbers Crede should be putting up...maybe even a little bit more in the power category, but I just don't see it. His swing just gets too big for too long, and it takes him too long to correct it.

He's a .250 hitter max, maybe .240 career even.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 02:34 AM)
The whole organisation has been telling me for about 3 years that these are the numbers Crede should be putting up...maybe even a little bit more in the power category, but I just don't see it.  His swing just gets too big for too long, and it takes him too long to correct it.

He's a .250 hitter max, maybe .240 career even.

I can't argue with you. You may be 100% correct. Still, I have a feeling that Crede can be a good one. I can't even put my finger on why I feel that way.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
I can't argue with you.  You may be 100% correct.  Still, I have a feeling that Crede can be a good one.  I can't even put my finger on why I feel that way.

He's had 2 really bad months and 3 pretty good months this season IIRC, and he's come back pretty well from the DL. Consistency has always been the main issue with him, but he's been put in a position to succeed for quite a while now in a good hitters ballpark and he still hasn't gotten the job done offensively.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
He's had 2 really bad months and 3 pretty good months this season IIRC, and he's come back pretty well from the DL. Consistency has always been the main issue with him, but he's been put in a position to succeed for quite a while now in a good hitters ballpark and he still hasn't gotten the job done offensively.

There's just something in his head that just kinda flips on and off almsot worse than anyone else on this team...he'll get bloody hot for a couple weeks, then his swing will almost instantly lengthen and he'll start swinging through everything or popping it up.

I swear, if he could keep his swing together he could hit .300 or better, but he just hasn't done it, and I'm really doubting he will.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
I could most definately see it.

He's also a Boras 3Bman.  So is Beltre.  I'd atleast hang onto Crede and get our full 6 years out of him.

The thing is, you could sign Bill Mueller for 2 years and that should be enough time for Josh Fields to sort out the issues in his game down at B-Ham. But would the Sox rather get another 3 years out of Crede, just one of the many questions for this off-season.

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
no disrespect to Aaron Rowand, hes my favorite player but hes more dangerous than Everett and Crede put together. idk why ozzie sticks with Everett if the old man cant even run or hit. Why not put Brian Anderson in, ive always said he wont play rookies cuz "they have no experience" wow they cant do worse than what crede and everett are doing, can they? :pray  :uhoh

yeah crede is really hurting us...especially last night in th 10th when he won the game for us. that was horrible!

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 07:36 AM)
yeah crede is really hurting us...especially last night in th 10th when he won the game for us. that was horrible!

wow any other pitcher would have caught that ball , thrown it to home, and first

Double Play !

and after the game Crede said that he learned how to hit the ball through the middle in the minors, THATS BS like hes really good enough to hit the ball wherever he wants to, if hes that good is he really good enough to pop up the ball whenever he wants ?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 03:07 AM)
There's just something in his head that just kinda flips on and off almsot worse than anyone else on this team...he'll get bloody hot for a couple weeks, then his swing will almost instantly lengthen and he'll start swinging through everything or popping it up.

I swear, if he could keep his swing together he could hit .300 or better, but he just hasn't done it, and I'm really doubting he will.

hey bighurt2719 u honestly cant tell me im the only one who sees how aweful crede is and is going 2 be. Hes not worthy enough to be called "the 3rd basemen of the future" if he really was why do u think they drafted a 3rd basemen in the first round!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 03:07 AM)

thanks Balta1701 , glad to c im not the only one that sees how bad he really is, and i agree if only he could keep his swing together he could hit .300 or better.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)
The thing is, you could sign Bill Mueller for 2 years and that should be enough time for Josh Fields to sort out the issues in his game down at B-Ham. But would the Sox rather get another 3 years out of Crede, just one of the many questions for this off-season.

I totally like what u said bout signing Mueller but wouldn't u first try to sign Furcal and move Uribe to third. Im not really sure what u think but Ozzie has already said he would like to add more speed to this team for next year and Furcal has both speed and power. :huh

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
I totally like what u said bout signing Mueller but wouldn't u first try to sign Furcal and move Uribe to third. Im not really sure what u think but Ozzie has already said he would like to add more speed to this team for next year and Furcal has both speed and power.  :huh

and he gets on base a lot, unlike Crede :finger

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
I totally like what u said bout signing Mueller but wouldn't u first try to sign Furcal and move Uribe to third. Im not really sure what u think but Ozzie has already said he would like to add more speed to this team for next year and Furcal has both speed and power.  :huh

Furcal's probably headed to the Cubs this off-season. He'll want to lead-off which isn't possible while Scotty's around.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
Furcal's probably headed to the Cubs this off-season. He'll want to lead-off which isn't possible while Scotty's around.

Well, if that was really the reason he wouldn't come to the Sox, I'd put Pods in the 9th hole faster than you could say Ditka. There's going to be a big financial battle for Furcal this offseason, with him being the top choice for many teams, including the big spending Cubs. I think the chances of the Sox getting Furcal are....remote.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 02:28 AM)
Well, if that was really the reason he wouldn't come to the Sox, I'd put Pods in the 9th hole faster than you could say Ditka.  There's going to be a big financial battle for Furcal this offseason, with him being the top choice for many teams, including the big spending Cubs.  I think the chances of the Sox getting Furcal are....remote.

Yeah but the Sox aren't going to do that with Pods after what he's done this year. The Cubs are a perfect fit for him, and they're gonna likely offer him more money than us.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)

True, but honestly, who would u rather like to have, furcal or Pods? dont get me wrong pods has been the difference to this team being in first but who would u rather want to have in ur lead off role? ;-)

I hate to say this, but Pods has been a huge disappointment to this team in 2nd half. He's been hitting well enough, but he's got a mental block when it comes to stealing bases. He's not going to intimidate any pitchers if he can't steal a base. It's like he just can't pull the trigger to get that good jump. When he goes, it's like he's forcing the issue instead of reading, reacting and running.

As far as being a base stealer, Scotty has something out of kilter between the ears right now.