Back to the 1940s - Sox vs Twinkies 9-17

knightni

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
2005       AVG    WHIP 

vs. LH    .260    1.20

vs. RH    .206    0.95

yup...but Ozzie has to go with the guys who got him here :rolly (minus the qualifications, Iguchi only 5 times a week, etc)

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
BULLs***!!! This guy never had a blister.

They just wanted him to pitch twice against the White Sox

Hell if I was Santana I would wanna pitch against the Sox too...if he only faced us he would have a sub 1 era

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
BULLs***!!! This guy never had a blister.

They just wanted him to pitch twice against the White Sox

So what? You have to be able to beat the pitcher you face. The Indians were able to find a way to beat him last Friday.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
So what?  You have to be able to beat the pitcher you face.  The Indians were able to find a way to beat him last Friday.

The twins didn't rearrange their rotation so that Santan would face the Tribe.

We would have missed Santana if he was on the schedule he was on, but those sorry f***s up there want the White Sox to miss the playoffs. They don't care about the indians, but they hate the White Sox.

I hope that Carl lets go of the bat and hits Santana in the head when he strikes out in the second.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
The twins didn't rearrange their rotation so that Santan would face the Tribe.

We would have missed Santana if he was on the schedule he was on, but those sorry f***s up there want the White Sox to miss the playoffs. They don't care about the indians, but they hate the White Sox.

Since the Sox have been their main rival for a few years now, I don't really blame them.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
Thats a good thing. Get him up there in pitch count and bring in Bmac.

I agree w/you. Sad thing is that Duque should have never been allowed to start this game. It's almost like we're prepared for Duque to do bad, so we have our damage control ready in the bullpen. This is no time to be playing anything but your best.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
I agree w/you.  Sad thing is that Duque should have never been allowed to start this game.  It's almost like we're prepared for Duque to do bad, so we have our damage control ready in the bullpen.  This is no time to be playing anything but your best.

Well. It doesn't matter who we threw out there. It would either be a 0-0 tie or a loss. Hopefully thats a jinx.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
And this shocks you.

Santana will have less pitches by the 5th inning than El Duque has by the 3rd.

This particular Sox offense doesn't have a clue how to hit Santana. He's had more success against the Sox this year than any pitcher I can remember in a long time.