Back to the 1940s - Sox vs Twinkies 9-17

knightni

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
Is is just me or does Santana give the sox the biggest fits out of all the teams he faces? It's almost a no hitter for this f*** everytime against us.

We have free swinging hitters with low OBP and high strikeout rates. Our long looping swings foul off pitches that should be hit into play, and completely miss the good pitches. We also dont shorten our swings up with 2 strikes at all no matter who we face. This is why crappy pitchers put up 5+ ks against this team.

Its a formula for a no hitter. I am actually surprised he hasnt no hit us yet.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
I won't take you up on that bet. In fact I might even counter your statement by saying we get no-hit through 8. The offensive display as been consistently inconsistent and for the most part pathetic

Or corpseball as it has been called here as of late. And a Big K for El Duque to get out of the jam.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
We have free swinging hitters with low OBP and high strikeout rates.  Our long looping swings foul off pitches that should be hit into play, and completely miss the good pitches. We also dont shorten our swings up with 2 strikes at all no matter who we face.  This is why crappy pitchers put up 5+ ks against this team. 

Its a formula for a no hitter.  I am actually surprised he hasnt no hit us yet.

Don't forget very poor recognition of the strike zone with 2 strikes.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
Ever since Santana became incredible during the 2nd half of the year last season, he's just dominated us.

And Santana is supposed to have a blister on his finger(s)! Man, the Twins are trying to kick the Sox out of the postseason. Well, let's see if they succeed, or we have the last laugh.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
And Santana is supposed to have a blister on his finger(s)!  Man, the Twins are trying to kick the Sox out of the postseason.  Well, let's see if they succeed, or we have the last laugh.

Considering Santana pitched against the Indians both times they played this month, I'm not ready to get too concerned about this.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
El Dukee gives me the fits, but for the most part I really admire his ability to battle out of jams. He doesn't give in, but he burns himself out within 4 to 5 innings

I'd admire him more if he retires after this season and saves us nearly 5 million.