What is with you people????

TheBigHurt

I understand we had a tough loss last night, but what is all this crap about "they are done?" What is this crap, yes CRAP, about "they played terrible last night." LMAO. I saw a few too many walks, but other than that, I saw a stellar performance. Ozzie took the risk with Marte and this time it didn't pay off. That doesn't mean we played "poorly." Quite frankly, when you take into account the fact we took on the hottest team in baseball now, or so it seems, we didn't quite experience the "massacre" some people were expecting. Based on how GOOD we actually played yesterday, I have good feelings about the rest of the series.

Edited by TheBigHurt

We played well in one game in the last 40923u20235 games (yep, there's a "u" in there) and we still lost. We're quite possibly in the middle of the worst regular season collapse in the entire history of baseball, and this would only add on to the s*** heap which is the history of the White Sox. That is why people are angry.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
I understand we had a tough loss last night, but what is all this crap about "they are done?" What is this crap, yes CRAP, about "they played terrible last night." LMAO. I saw a few too many walks, but other than that, I saw a stellar performance. Ozzie took the risk with Marte and this time it didn't pay off. That doesn't mean we played "poorly." Quite frankly, when you take into account the fact we took on the hottest team in baseball now, or so it seems, we didn't quite experience the "massacre" some people were expecting. Based on how GOOD we actually played yesterday, I have good feelings about the rest of the series.

There's no such thing as moral victories now. You win or you lose, that's all that matters. We played like absolute s*** in Minnesota, and still won two games. Who cares how we played though, it resulted in 2 games off of the magic number.

I understand a loss is a loss, but you have to give credit where it's due. FOR a team that's "played like s***," we did well against the hottest team up right now. Not to mention a team whom the Sox have had trouble with(except for earlier this year, WHEN the Sox played much better). Think about it.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
We played well in one game in the last 40923u20235 games (yep, there's a "u" in there) and we still lost.  We're quite possibly in the middle of the worst regular season collapse in the entire history of baseball, and this would only add on to the s*** heap which is the history of the White Sox.  That is why people are angry.

Count em 1 by 1 for me please. :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 12:37 AM)
There's no such thing as moral victories now.  You win or you lose, that's all that matters.  We played like absolute s*** in Minnesota, and still won two games.  Who cares how we played though, it resulted in 2 games off of the magic number.

Yep I don't care how the hell we win, all these complaints about "Oh we should be kicking KC's ass 1,000,000 to -99, why aren't they doing better, yada yada yada" so long as they get the f***ing job done, and take 1 off the magic number.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
Yep I don't care how the hell we win, all these complaints about "Oh we should be kicking KC's ass 1,000,000 to -99, why aren't they doing better, yada yada yada" so long as they get the f***ing job done, and take 1 off the magic number.

But we're not even beating KC anymore.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 08:39 AM)
I understand a loss is a loss, but you have to give credit where it's due. FOR a team that's "played like s***," we did well against the hottest team up right now. Not to mention a team whom the Sox have had trouble with(except for earlier this year, WHEN the Sox played much better). Think about it.

Credit? This team deserves credit? Why? Because they almost won? That's absurd. At home, against a division rival, in the biggest game of the year...The lost. They deserve no credit. Especially when you couple last night's performance with the whole entire second half.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
But we're not even beating KC anymore.

And yet we still beat up on teams like Detroit etc., and have a 10-8 record this month, with 5 games lost by 2 runs or less. You'd think Kansas City was the only other team in the league.

QUOTE(SoIL @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
the s*** heap which is the history of the White Sox.

If this is how you really feel why are you a fan? Wouldn't you be better off with a different team?

Because I was born and raised a White Sox fan. I've been watching them for as long as can remember, and attending about 30 games a year until I had to conserve money for college. All of that doesn't change the fact that the Chicago White Sox are basically the second-worst franchise in baseball history. And that doesn't mean I should be happy that we suck. I want that to change.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)

We had trouble against them?

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)

I only have 1 problem with your post....the part about Marte not paying off THIS time. He's sucked ass way more than he's succeeded.....I wish Marte would've never come back!

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
Are you talking to me? O_o

Yes. I'm curious why'd you be a fan of a team you consider to have a "s*** heap" of a history. Just asking a question, not trying to start an argument. We certainly aren't the Yankees, and we do have some duboius history. But your comments seems to pretty harsh for a team you cheer for.

QUOTE(SoIL @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
Yes. I'm curious why'd you be a fan of a team you consider to have a "s*** heap" of a history. Just asking a question, not trying to start an argument. We certainly aren't the Yankees, and we do have some duboius history. But your comments seems to pretty harsh for a team you cheer for.

Harsh? LMAO. I don't know what YOU are reading. I'M the one telling people to chill out, they will be fine, they are doing ok, they are not playing terribly. I see almost everyone ELSE being "harsh." You obviously misinterpreted my words.

Sircaffey, I was referring to our history with them excluding this year. I have a bad memory, but if any of it serves me correct, The Tribe are a team that's had the Sox's number in the past.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)
Sircaffey, I was referring to our history with them excluding this year. I have a bad memory, but if any of it serves me correct, The Tribe are a team that's had the Sox's number in the past.

Why should we care what last year's or the year before that's team did against the Tribe?

Edited by sircaffey

QUOTE(SoIL @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)

You first responded to the wrong person. I noticed that you were directing your comment at me, and I answered. You must have somehow missed my response and again asked a question of the wrong person.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)
Harsh? LMAO. I don't know what YOU are reading. I'M the one telling people to chill out, they will be fine, they are doing ok, they are not playing terribly. I see almost everyone ELSE being "harsh." You obviously misinterpreted my words.

Actually I was refering to Millkmandelivers's comments.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
Why should we care what last year's or the year before that's team did against the Tribe?

Just trying to invoke some confidence. We're what? 10-4 against a team that's been known for owning us? Keep your heads up is all I'm saying. This is no time to give up.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(SoIL @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)

White Sox fan for better or worse.