Bobby Jenks

S720

After we made it to the playoff, do you think Bobby is ready for the closer role? He looked absolutely nervous out there today and last night. He did not seem to have his confidence at all, and it showed! He has great stuffs, but if you don't believe in your stuffs at a crucial moment, you will get hit badly!

Here is hoping through these last two games' experience, Bobby will recollect himself, use this experience as strength and pitch the rest of the way like he has before.

Last night he came into a situation with men on second and third with two outs i believe. He couldn't get out of it. Tonight he gets screwed over by rowands error ( was not scored an error but it should be... scorekeepers are way too lenient these days) and he was left with second and third... one out. Then it is ozzie's bright idea to play for the tie in a one run ball game?!?!? So the game is tied up. The he is lucky he got bailed out by uribe's superb play in the hole.

As it stands i do not feel very comfortable with him closing... but i do not feel comfortable with anyone at this point.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
Last night he came into a situation with men on second and third with two outs i believe. He couldn't get out of it. Tonight he gets screwed over by rowands error ( was not scored an error but it should be... scorekeepers are way too lenient these days) and he was left with second and third... one out. Then it is ozzie's bright idea to play for the tie in a one run ball game?!?!? So the game is tied up. The he is lucky he got bailed out by uribe's superb play in the hole.

As it stands i do not feel very comfortable with him closing... but i do not feel comfortable with anyone at this point.

I totally agree. Going deeper into the season and the playoff, I want noone else than Bobby to be my closer. I just have no faith in others. Hopefully, the experience of the last two EXCITING, SUFFOCATING and NAILBITING games will strengthen and solidify his confidence. I am for certain that if Bobby has trust in his flaming fast ball and hammered curve ball, he will strike out anyone on the Indians staff. Well, perhaps only allow Hafner a puny noone-on-base single. :P

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
Hermandson is my guy still, but let's face it. We don;t have that Rivera or Foulke (last year) guy who can go close a game and go multiple innings three nights in a row. That to me is among our biggest playoff problems.  Bring on Billy Wagner in 06!

Be cool if the sox inherited eight million dollars to sign him. He can easily get 3 years 21-24 million some where but i think he will go to the cardinals at a reduced price. He has wanted to go there for a while not and him and laraussa have a good relationship.

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
I want BJ Ryan

New York Yankees Setup Man for Mariano Rivera for the next 3 seasons at least.

Realistically, Wagner's headed to the Mets, so we're most likely stuck with Hermy / Jenks for 06, which isn't a bad thing considering other teams' closers at the moment.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
New York Yankees Setup Man for Mariano Rivera for the next 3 seasons at least.

Realistically, Wagner's headed to the Mets, so we're most likely stuck with Hermy / Jenks for 06, which isn't a bad thing considering other teams' closers at the moment.

Bet you the cardinals.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
Wagner... and it really doesn't matter because chances are he will sign with some team out of the blue and we will both be wrong.

From what I've read, the Mets are DESPERATE for a new good closer to replace Looper. The Cards have Isringhausen, so they'd probably wouldn't offer as much as the Mets, especially with Piazza's contract coming off the books.

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
Personally I'd like to see Politte get some shots at closing. He's been pretty much lights out all year and as good as Jenks has been and how good i think he'll be, it does worry me how he's performed the last two days. Hopefully it was just cuz he was a little overused recently

I think Politte showed in June / July when he was given a chance in the 9th, that he just wasn't as effective. He seems to be getting back to where he was earlier in the year even though he gave up 2 bloop singles today, so he should still be the main 8th inning guy IMHO.

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 05:38 AM)
Personally I'd like to see Politte get some shots at closing. He's been pretty much lights out all year and as good as Jenks has been and how good i think he'll be, it does worry me how he's performed the last two days. Hopefully it was just cuz he was a little overused recently

Cliff's history is Latroy Hawkins-ish. Leave him as a setup man.