You can all kill me for this

sox-r-us

But I have always felt there is a reason why both the Cubs and Sox are such losers over 90+ years. It has EVERYTHING to do with this ridiculous hating we have for each other where if one is doing well, the other fan base prays for them to choke. And it happens every SINGLE time. As a city, Chicago is focking sad in that way. If you think about it, most of us Cubs and Sox fans are Bears fans. And we have no problem sitting next to Cubs fans and cheerign our asses off against the fudge packers. But when it comes to baseball, we are so divided as a city and so full of unhealthy hatred for each other's teams and fan bases that whenever one team is doing well, this bad karma catches us.

We laughed our asses off at the Cubs choking in the playoffs. Guess what, our choke is FAR worse than theirs. We will not even get to the playoffs with this and if we did, we will be roadkill to ANaheim, Oakland, Yankees or Bo Sox.

This city will never see a championship until we focking stop this madness or move one team out of here. And maybe we do not deserve it.

Sad and pathetic, but true.

Now, you may begin your tar and feathering of me.

I am out!!!

Signed,

Disgusted Sox fan right now

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 03:38 AM)
I still don't get what our hate for each other has anything to do with it.

Oh, and their choke is still far worse than ours.

It's called karma. We are happier when the other team loses than when our eam wins. ANd this is true for both Sox and Cubs fans, however much you may try to deny this. Just listen to the sports radio around Chicago. It is disgusting how happy the Cubs fans are to see the Sox fans all jumping over the ledge now.

WHen in reality, these Cubs and Sox fans will be rooting for the BEars to beat Carson Palmer's ass this Sunday.

Maybe as a city we should rally behind any team that is doing well, considering we are focking losers for 180+ team years.

If you do not get it, you deserve this s*** every year from both Chicago baseball teams.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
VINNY FOCKING CASTILLA

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
We'd be 60 games over .500 if we made that move.

Every time i see him posting that is the first thing that comes to mind. That and attendence...

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Well, I don't give a rats ass about the stinking Chicago Bears, or the Bulls...or the Black Hawks...or...yeah...

But I do like the original post. I can't say I believe it is karma, but I sit here listening to the radio programs with all the Cubs fans reeling in the suffering going on. Then I sit here and remember the joy at watching the Cubs die in the play-off's. I then realize how stupid it all is. I also realize how nasty some people can be on here towards "Cub fans".

Then I go to the SL&P board and read all the anti-racism stuff. I understand that everybody here will say that they aren't THAT serious about the hatred of Cub fans, but I do wonder about it all.

Such an odd thing sports fandom is. Such a weird thing. Even more bizarre to think of how much time I spend on these boards and enjoying the White Sox. Then I remember how much hell I was given by the "jocks" in high school and how I hated them probably more than any of you hate the Cubs fans.

Weird.

Thank you for your insight.

I hate the Cubs with a passion. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for days after Paul Bako made the last out in the NLCS. And you know what.....I could care less if my Cubs friends bash the Sox if they collapse. What else are they going to say about it? This would be an epic collapse, and the Sox deserve every criticism they would receive.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
Oh, and their choke is still far worse than ours.

I wouldn't be so sure about that just yet. If the Sox continue to play like they have for the last TWO MONTHS then I think it's safe to say our choke of a 15 game lead beats their 1969 collapse. You can't compare what happened in the NLCS because that was a game, not a season.

The Sox potential collapse is more pathetic, but the Cubs choke has to be more devastating to their fans. That team was 5 outs from the World Seires! We still would need to win like 15 more games to even get to that point. You can't ask for a better situation than the Cubs were in to make the World Series.

No, I don't think that the Cubs fans have anything to do with this collapse and yes, this collapse that we are experiencing is far worse than the Cubs collapse will ever be. This will be the biggest come from behind to win a division in baseball history for God's sake!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Not so sure how to take that... :huh:

I'm about 96% sure that was meant as a slap.

and FWIW, I don't really care about the Cub fan/Sox fan rivalry. It's fun to go back and forth with them during interleague, but I have lots of family and friends who like the Cubs and we're able to discuss baseball in civil terms.

As far as collapses go, the Sox may have a longer, slower death ( IF that is what happens ) but IMO to be that close ( leading in both Game Six and Game Seven ) and losing both games is more devastating.

I guess it comes down to whether you'd rather wither away from cancer or take a bullet.