BMAC gem

Texsox

By the way...yesterday, you saw exactly why I didn't want to even think about trading this kid.

We've got him for like 6+ years in the rotation for a hell of a lot less than he's worth.

He's got a chance to make us forget all of this "Is Buehrle an ace" talk next year, because we'll have another one.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
Baring injury :pray, or a huge setback in Spring training, I expect Brandon to win 13, 14 games next year. I really think the kid can do that for the White Sox next season. He will get his shot.

:cheers Brandon.

The way he's looked these last 3 games...he could win 20.

Just remember, these haven't been pushover offenses he's been beating...he shut out Texas and Boston. That's damn impressive.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
The way he's looked these last 3 games...he could win 20.

The way he has looked, he could win them all. Everything about that kid in those three games looks AMAZING. I could watch him all the time, including reruns. Heck his second start was the only REAL burp, right?

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
If he continues to dominate and we do make the playoffs, I don't see how Ozzie can say that he is not in the playoff picture. 

That is retarded.

it's beyond retarded. he's the 2nd best pitcher we've got right now, whether its shutting out BOSTON and TEXAS or striking out 8 in 5 innings against the ANGELS and pitching better than JOHAN SANTANA (yes i said better because he had 2 fewer pitches and one more strikeout through the same number of innings) He's our future and if Ozzie doesnt realize that the future is RIGHT NOW then he's a dips***. I wanna back ozzie, i really do, but if he doesnt put BMAC on the postseason roster (if we get there) then he doesnt deserve to be managing.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
I think 20 is pushing the envolpe a little, however, you did say in the last 3 games, so taking that sample size, yes, he could win 20 if he pitched like that all season.

I think it just does to show you other teams than the White Sox have a hard time agaisnt pitchers that they are seeing for the 1st time. I would like see how Brandon would far against Boston and Texas the 3rd and 4th time out against them.

Bmac has seen Texas 3 times IIRC. This is just more ammo for the Ozzie haters. Why didn't he put BMAC in the starting rotation after his gems against Boston and Texas ? How many starts after that did El Duque screw up ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
Think El Duque will be back in the rotation?

Yes! I really do think he will be back in the rotation. I am worried about the comments that Ozzie has made concerning sticking with guys who have been there all year. Now it could be that The Duke is ready to pitch, but this kid McCarthy has shown some mettle with suberb games against Boston, Texas and Minnesota. Next year for sure he will be in the rotation. The McCarthy vs Hernandez issue is just one of the line up concerns I see.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Yes! I really do think he will be back in the rotation. I am worried about the comments that Ozzie has made concerning sticking with guys who have been there all year. Now it could be that The Duke is ready to pitch, but this kid McCarthy has shown some mettle with suberb games against Boston, Texas and Minnesota. Next year for sure he will be in the rotation. The McCarthy vs Hernandez issue is just one of the line up concerns I see.

That's what it sounds like, El Duque will be back. To not even consider McCathy for post season is a joke.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 04:39 AM)
Lost in the extra inning disaster was a masterfully pitching performance by Brandon McCarthy.

:notworthy  :headbang He matched one of the best pitchers in baseball pitch for pitch and put his team in position to win.

Hail BMac!!

Right now him, Garland, and Contreras are the 3 best pitchers on the White Sox. And if I see El Duque start in favor of him again this year, I will put up a hissy fit.