If the Sox win and Indians, NY or Red Sox lose

White Sox Josh

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That theory only works with the Red Sox and Yankees both losing and :nono the Sox winning. The Sox would be at 95 today with a win, Cleveland with a loss is at 92. They win out we lose out, they beat us.

The Yankees and Red Sox are both at 92. If Boston wins today and the Yankees lose then they are at 93 and 92. They both win their last game of the series to be at 94 and 93. Then the Yankees win two out of three and they are at 95 and Boston is at 95!

:nono

QUOTE(tpezz27 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)
That theory only works with the Red Sox and Yankees both losing and :nono  the Sox winning. The Sox would be at 95 today with a win, Cleveland with a loss is at 92. They win out we lose out, they beat us.

The Yankees and Red Sox are both at 92. If Boston wins today and the Yankees lose then they are at 93 and 92. They both win their last game of the series to be at 94 and 93. Then the Yankees win two out of three and they are at 95 and Boston is at 95!

And with the way they have been playing it's very possible.

QUOTE(tpezz27 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
That theory only works with the Red Sox and Yankees both losing and :nono  the Sox winning. The Sox would be at 95 today with a win, Cleveland with a loss is at 92. They win out we lose out, they beat us.

somebody is loving the: :nono

I don't want to start an argument here, but this whole situation as an Indians fan makes me want to puke. The Sox have a golden oppritunity against probably the second worst team in the AL right now to lock this thing down and they lay two eggs in a row. And the Tribe gets stuck with the scrapiest team since the break in their next to last series. If I was a Sox fan right now (with all due respect) i'd be disgusted. These guys have got about as much chance of getting out of the first round as a AA club. They'll probably make it to the dance, but IMO they flat ass don't deserve to.

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
I don't want to start an argument here, but this whole situation as an Indians fan makes me want to puke. The Sox have a golden oppritunity against probably the second worst team in the AL right now to lock this thing down and they lay two eggs in a row. And the Tribe gets stuck with the scrapiest team since the break in their next to last series. If I was a Sox fan right now (with all due respect) i'd be disgusted. These guys have got about as much chance of getting out of the first round as a AA club. They'll probably make it to the dance, but IMO they flat ass don't deserve to.

So in your mind Spring Training was extended to the All-Star break? Just because your team didn't show up until the season was half over, the Sox don't deserve a playoff spot? :lolhitting Play all 162 games next time.

BTW, Welcome to Soxtalk :cheers If y'all can be civil we'd love to hear from an Indians fan. Y'all have a great core and I expect will be contending for a long time.

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 09:22 AM)

I'm a lifelong white sox fan and I say to you my tribe-loving adversary that you are 99% correct. I am disgusted. The Sox have laid two eggs against the lowly tigers. They are not playing like playoff contenders. At all. And the D-Rays are scrappy.

But don't say a team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Wins and losses are not prefaced by any disclaimers or conditions. They are simply that - wins and losses. You should be disgusted that your team lost 4 straight at home to the Sox coming back from the break. A split in that series and they'd be tied with the Sox right now.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
other teams' fans just can't stand the fact the White Sox are still in first place

that's why you build up a huge lead and beat the teams you're supposed to beat early in the season.

And half of White Sox fans can't believe we're still in first place,

BYW dawg, we are puking, we are disgusted, go read a few of the threads around here, but I assume you can understand we don't like hearing that from an opposing team's fans on a White Sox fan site.

BTW, you may have more fun at WSI. Just ask them about Marriotti's column today and why attendance was so low at the cell.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
other teams' fans just can't stand the fact the White Sox are still in first place

I don't understand the logic behind this post at all...

If I was a Yankees, Angels, or Red Sox fan I would be more than happy with the White Sox winning the Central. And what makes you think they 'can't stand' us being in first place?

Is this a conspiracy theory or a woe-is-me philosophy?

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)

If I was a Yankees, Angels, or Red Sox fan I would be more than happy with the White Sox winning the Central. And what makes you think they 'can't stand' us being in first place?

I think it's kind of like why can't we beat Detroit? They look at the Sox and can't believe a team with no offense, no .300 hitter, three different closers this season, and Oz for a manager, could be winning like we do. Basically a "How can we not be beating these guys?"

Variation: Sitting in Philly and thinking the Padres are in the playoffs and we are facing elimination to the team that Texsox predicted would take the wild card in a soxtalk poll. I believe Tex was the only person to take the Astros. :D

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)

This is known as going for the kill. If I were ANY team facing the Sox in the playoffs I would be licking my chops right now because of how we are playing.

However, come October 3, let's hope the lion known as the Sox gets hungry again.

I'm not trying to piss anybody off. I'm just pissed that the tribe may not make the dance, and in my opinion stand a hell of a lot better chance of advancing than the Sox. And I understand that it's a marathon and not a sprint. However the Sox remind me of the Ironman guy on the Gatorade commercial suffering from dehydration in the final 50 meters of the race. And what really pisses me off is the amount of time that Pronk missed because of Buerhle. We get that month back with Pronk and the Sox are looking up at us. Say what you want, but that's a fact.

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
I'm not trying to piss anybody off. I'm just pissed that the tribe may not make the dance, and in my opinion stand a hell of a lot better chance of advancing than the Sox.  And I understand that it's a marathon and not a sprint. However the Sox remind me of the Ironman guy on the Gatorade commercial suffering from dehydration in the final 50 meters of the race. And what really pisses me off is the amount of time that Pronk missed because of Buerhle. We get that month back with Pronk and the Sox are looking up at us. Say what you want, but that's a fact.

Maybe. Maybe not. That's the beauty of the game, you don't know.

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
I'm not trying to piss anybody off. I'm just pissed that the tribe may not make the dance, and in my opinion stand a hell of a lot better chance of advancing than the Sox.  And I understand that it's a marathon and not a sprint. However the Sox remind me of the Ironman guy on the Gatorade commercial suffering from dehydration in the final 50 meters of the race. And what really pisses me off is the amount of time that Pronk missed because of Buerhle. We get that month back with Pronk and the Sox are looking up at us. Say what you want, but that's a fact.

Winning lotto #'s please..

TIA.. ;)

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)

his nickname is Pronk? I thought it was Plunk.

:fight

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)

And if we had Frank Thomas all year?

How about if Frank Thomas doesn't rebreak his ankle? You think the Sox would have still been struggling offensively? How about if Pods doesn't pull his hammy? How about if Crede's back hadn't been bugging him for a couple of months? HOw about if Hermanson's back hadn't been bothering him, and Jenks hadn't had 2 BS's and a L in 3 consecutive days? Its easy to play the "what if" game for any team, but in reality, injuries are part of the game. Period.

The Sox had injuries also. Losing Thomas for most of the season hurt as well. We could also add a couple other names. I guess we were better able to adjust and overcome. Injuries are part of the game, too bad the Tribe wasn't able to overcome those as well as the Sox. I believe every team in the playoffs had to overcome a key injury this season.

BTW, the Sox should have beat Minny last seasons but unjuries to Maggs and Thomas crushed us. Cry for me Wiredawg1.

Nice try, would you like to play again?

Is he related to Dawg, the Bounty Hunter?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
Maybe.  Maybe not.  That's the beauty of the game, you don't know.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
Winning lotto #'s please..

TIA..  ;)

Pronk OPS last six weeks= 1.500 plus. Thats how I know. The man has been the best hitter in baseball for the last six weeks, and he was kicking butt before Burhle beaned him in the face. Damn shame too, because we all lost witness to that month of greatness. He'd probablt be in contention for the batting title, or hell even the triple crown.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
If y'all can be civil we'd love to hear from an Indians fan. Y'all have a great core and I expect will be contending for a long time.

I know you don't care, but personally, I don't want to hear from an Indians fan...civil or not. If I want to hear from Indians fans, I'll go to the White Sox site and read the message boards.

Don't worry, we got our fingers on the dump button. We've always given anyone who stops by the respect they deserve. We've had Sox fans that were a hell of a lot more annoying than Dawg.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
And if we had Frank Thomas all year?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
How about if Frank Thomas doesn't rebreak his ankle?  You think the Sox would have still been struggling offensively?  How about if Pods doesn't pull his hammy?  How about if Crede's back hadn't been bugging him for a couple of months?  HOw about if Hermanson's back hadn't been bothering him, and Jenks hadn't had 2 BS's and a L in 3 consecutive days?  Its easy to play the "what if" game for any team, but in reality, injuries are part of the game.  Period.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
The Sox had injuries also. Losing Thomas for most of the season hurt as well. We could also add a couple other names. I guess we were better able to adjust and overcome. Injuries are part of the game, too bad the Tribe wasn't able to overcome those as well as the Sox. I believe every team in the playoffs had to overcome a key injury this season.

BTW, the Sox should have beat Minny last seasons but unjuries to Maggs and Thomas crushed us. Cry for me Wiredawg1.

Nice try, would you like to play again?

Is he related to Dawg, the Bounty Hunter?

I can't believe you guys can't see the difference and the irony. The man didn't have some arbitrary injury. He was beaned by the so-called best pitcher on your staff. Who just so happens to play for the team that we are now 2 games behind. It should have never happened. And nobody can tell me that it was just an accident. Burhle is not known for his wildness. I know baseball teams have to deal with injuries year in and year out, but that one was without a doubt a season changer for the tribe. One last thing. I am grateful to be even aguing these things with you guys, because of the emotion, it means there are good things at stake here.