If the Sox win and Indians, NY or Red Sox lose

White Sox Josh

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
Don't worry, we got our fingers on the dump button. We've always given anyone who stops by the respect they deserve. We've had Sox fans that were a hell of a lot more annoying than Dawg.

You guys gonna dump me? Cmon fellas we're arguing baseball. This is good s*** here. If I get personal, tell me and i'll throttle back. I'm glad it's the Sox. I was getting tired of seeing the Twins up there.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
I can't believe you guys can't see the difference and the irony. The man didn't have some arbitrary injury. He was beaned by the so-called best pitcher on your staff. Who just so happens to play for the team that we are now 2 games behind. It should have never happened. And nobody can tell me that it was just an accident. Burhle is not known for his wildness.  I know baseball teams have to deal with injuries year in and year out, but that one was without a doubt a season changer for the tribe.  One last thing. I am grateful to be even aguing these things with you guys, because of the emotion, it means there are good things at stake here.

Buehrle isn't our best pitcher now. The new guy starts tonite.

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
I don't want to start an argument here, but this whole situation as an Indians fan makes me want to puke. The Sox have a golden oppritunity against probably the second worst team in the AL right now to lock this thing down and they lay two eggs in a row. And the Tribe gets stuck with the scrapiest team since the break in their next to last series. If I was a Sox fan right now (with all due respect) i'd be disgusted. These guys have got about as much chance of getting out of the first round as a AA club. They'll probably make it to the dance, but IMO they flat ass don't deserve to.

Yea but we are 2 games up on everyone with 5 to go... everyone would rather be in our shoes!!! We will be in the playoffs...Will you???

Edited by WSoxMatt

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
I can't believe you guys can't see the difference and the irony. The man didn't have some arbitrary injury. He was beaned by the so-called best pitcher on your staff. Who just so happens to play for the team that we are now 2 games behind. It should have never happened. And nobody can tell me that it was just an accident. Burhle is not known for his wildness.  I know baseball teams have to deal with injuries year in and year out, but that one was without a doubt a season changer for the tribe.  One last thing. I am grateful to be even aguing these things with you guys, because of the emotion, it means there are good things at stake here.

It was a f'n changeup you dolt.

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)

Mark Buehrle, headhunter... Yeah that's it :bang So your're telling me that Buehrle meant to hit Travis Hafner in the face with a pitch, give him a concussion, and knock him out for 17 games, because he knew that the Sox were going to play .500 ball for the next two months while the tribe played .800 ball.

This isn't your site here is it?

http://www.timecube.com/

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
I'm not trying to piss anybody off. I'm just pissed that the tribe may not make the dance, and in my opinion stand a hell of a lot better chance of advancing than the Sox.  And I understand that it's a marathon and not a sprint. However the Sox remind me of the Ironman guy on the Gatorade commercial suffering from dehydration in the final 50 meters of the race. And what really pisses me off is the amount of time that Pronk missed because of Buerhle. We get that month back with Pronk and the Sox are looking up at us. Say what you want, but that's a fact.

Let's have all the members of the Central Division vote on the best playoff representative. That seems like the fairest thing to do.

Damn, I responded to him. Why? Why?

I quit.

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
You guys gonna dump me? Cmon fellas we're arguing baseball. This is good s*** here. If I get personal, tell me and i'll throttle back. I'm glad it's the Sox. I was getting tired of seeing the Twins up there.

Like I said, you have been fine, but we do get our unfair share of trolls, and to keep what is left of our sanity after this season, we keep opposing fans on a short leash and also suspend our posters for trolling other boards.

There are a lot of woulda coulda shouldas this season for both teams. In order I pull for the Sox, the AL Central, and the AL. So after the Tribe nakes the playoffs as the WC, I will be pulling for you in every series not involving the Sox.

Wiredawg, everyone in this chat is in awe of what Cleveland has done in the last 50 games... Just like everyone was in awe of our 1st half of the season!!! Streaks happen, ups and downs are a part of the game. Wasnt it 2001 the Ms won 116 games and didnt even win the Pennant??? When the playoffs start its a whole new ballgame and Im hoping that CLE gets in cuz I dont want to see NYY and BOS. That will shut that East Coast Bias up and show the world the best baseball is indeed the AL Central!!!

Edited by WSoxMatt

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
It was a f'n changeup you dolt.

Easy now.. I haven't called a single person in here any names..

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
Mark Buehrle, headhunter... Yeah that's it :bang  So your're telling me that Buehrle meant to hit Travis Hafner in the face with a pitch, give him a concussion, and knock him out for 17 games, because he knew that the Sox were going to play .500 ball for the next two months while the tribe played .800 ball. 

This isn't your site here is it?

http://www.timecube.com/

Nope.. Just trying to point out the irony of the situation.. Hindsite and all that good s***.. You know..

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
Easy now.. I haven't called a single person in here any names..

Nope.. Just trying to point out the irony of the situation.. Hindsite and all that good s***.. You know..

wiredawg, are you into motor sports?

Hey now I'm absolutely fine to hear from Tribe fans as long as it doesn't turn into a taunt-fest. And while I do come here to hear from Sox fans, I certainly like the idea of hearing from the "other side."

Take the gift, guys! I want to hear how their fans think. So welcome Wiredawg1.

And he's right: we're playing like caca right now and I'm sure everybody in the AL wants to play us first, because we're the least intimidating team out there. And the weakest offensively. I'd want to play us. And yes, playing like this we probably won't get past the first round, whereas the Tribe is a complete team.

The only caveats are that:

1) Once into the playoffs, it's a whole new--no pun intended--ballgame. The regular season doesn't matter. True, we could do a 2000 all over again, but you just never know.

2) The way everybody's dumping on us (rightly so), we are going to be the underdogs of the playoffs. Nobody's expecting us to do anything, so the pressure is off. The pressure has been immense for the past two months because we were ordained central champions pretty much at the ASB. Anything less and it's a major league choke job. We weren't allowed to lose games, especially teams like KC.

If everybody thinks we're out in the first round, then maybe that will change the team psyche for the better.

But you're pretty much on the money. I'd hate to see you guys miss out too.

And, if the sun would have been in a different position on Sunday...

But wait, if the ball wouldn't have hopped past Gload in KC...and if the throw to the plate in the Angels game would have been a little wide and Rowand would have scored...and if the field wasn't wet in KC when Dye misplayed the ball in right...and if...

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
Like I said, you have been fine, but we do get our unfair share of trolls, and to keep what is left of our sanity after this season, we keep opposing fans on a short leash and also suspend our posters for trolling other boards.

There are a lot of woulda coulda shouldas this season for both teams. In order I pull for the Sox, the AL Central, and the AL. So after the Tribe nakes the playoffs as the WC, I will be pulling for you in every series not involving the Sox.

It's cool. And I appreciate you guys letting me in here to vent a little. Not to mention, you boys are a hell of a lot more interesting than the mutts where I normally hang out.. Hate to say it, but I have to do some work... Good luck gents, and i'll try and get back in to read some more later or tomorrow.. WD

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
It's cool. And I appreciate you guys letting me in here to vent a little. Not to mention, you boys are a hell of a lot more interesting than the mutts where I normally hang out.. Hate to say it, but I have to do some work... Good luck gents, and i'll try and get back in to read some more later or tomorrow.. WD

He's never make a good Sox fan, he works when he should be posting.

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
Pronk OPS last six weeks= 1.500 plus. Thats how I know. The man has been the best hitter in baseball for the last six weeks, and he was kicking butt before Burhle beaned him in the face. Damn shame too, because we all lost witness to that month of greatness. He'd probablt be in contention for the batting title, or hell even the triple crown.

Yes and crede would've kept us his current pace if he didnt miss the ball so much in the first half.

QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
1 last note.. Yes.. Been watching Mark Martin since he was driving the Folgers car back in 88..  Sports loves..

1. Baseball

2. Racing

3. Football

4. Titty bars....

1/2 the interests are sports :ph34r:

After you've been around for a while, that will make sense.