Alan Trammell

aboz56

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
Here is the thing.  I dont think its him.  The tigers main core of players seem to be lazy and have bad attitudes.  Their whole demeanor towards the game is a notch below most teams.  I do not see this club doing much in the future.

I agree 100 percent. First Trammell didnt have any talent on his squad, and had to sit through the painful examination of the minor league product. Then they added a few pieces last year (Irod and Johnson). Then this year, his team gives up on him. Sure, he can and will get blame for his team giving up on him, but the veterans on the squad deserve alot of the blame for that if you ask me. Irod hasnt seemed interested for an entire month, Maggs came back, and was just kind of there. The only time i ever saw a Maggs highlight this year was when he was hitting well for a week when he came back. He had a couple of homers and then nothing. This team gave up on Trammell more than he gave up on them.

Way to make your hometown hero a complete goat, Detroit.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
I agree 100 percent. First Trammell didnt have any talent on his squad, and had to sit through the painful examination of the minor league product. Then they added a few pieces last year (Irod and Johnson).  Then this year, his team gives up on him. Sure, he can and will get blame for his team giving up on him, but the veterans on the squad deserve alot of the blame for that if you ask me. Irod hasnt seemed interested for an entire month, Maggs came back, and was just kind of there. The only time i ever saw a Maggs highlight this year was when he was hitting well for a week when he came back.  He had a couple of homers and then nothing. This team gave up on Trammell more than he gave up on them.

Way to make your hometown hero a complete goat, Detroit.

Nice post and I totally agree.

It's really a shame to see a guy like that get the ax, but, baseball is a business.

Trammell was one of my favorite players from that era.

I haven't seen much Tigers baseball, but I have heard that Trammell is about as bad at in game managing as Ozzie.

The difference between the two is that one has a pitching staff to work with, while the other has complete garbage, with perhaps 1 lone exception that got shut down at the end of the year.

The fun thing to think about...where does Pineilla end up? Or was Tampa his last hurrah?

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
Let's see:

Devil Rays

Pirates

Marlins

Tigers

Possibly the Orioles

Maybe even the Dodgers

will be/are without managers.

This is why I'm glad that we locked up our manager earlier this year...even if a lot of people don't like him.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
The difference between the two is that one has a pitching staff to work with, while the other has complete garbage, with perhaps 1 lone exception that got shut down at the end of the year.

I disagree there. I think the Tigers have a potentially dominating staff. I am of the opinion that the staff is mishandled and mis-called by their allstar catcher. Who knows what the truth is though.

Its sad that the staff that had to replace the previous awful staff was all ex-tiger heros. I dont think they are to blame for this mess as much as the mid-late 90's disasters that they put on the field. But they have had time to make some changes and havent been able to do alot.

I really thought the combo of Trammell, Gibson and Parrish would turn that franchise around. I believe they are giving up on these guys one year too soon. Trammell wasn't the one who signed half of Magglio Ordonez or zero percent of Troy Percival. I think the Tigers are screwing up here, but again, that's so typical.