2006 White Sox marketing slogan

southsider2k5

I was reading the Trib today and there was this...

During a leisurely drive from his home in the west suburbs to U.S. Cellular Field Wednesday, White Sox marketing boss Brooks Boyer contemplated possible slogans for the team for next season.

"Of course I was. But you want to wait and see where you end up and what kind of team [we] are going to put together next year. We want to find [a slogan] that fits," he said.

The organization's "Win or Die Trying" mantra this season seemed perfect for a gritty team devoid of superstars.

"We were told what kind of team we were going to have and the tag sure fit," he said.

The Sox drew nearly 2.4 million fans to U.S. Cellular Field during the regular season, compared to 1,930,537 in 2004. But a more dramatic spike in attendance could occur next year because of the team's postseason performance.

"We have our ad agency (Two by Four) dreaming a little bit for us," Boyer said. "I think there are a lot of people out there ready to offer up some suggestions. Every game that we can win certainly helps us with our season-ticket sales for next year."

Boyer, a 1994 Notre Dame alum who was a two-time captain on the basketball team, worked for the Bulls for 10 years. He was responsible for overseeing Bulls and United Center sponsorships.

The Red Sox have been romanticized for decades as a so-called cursed franchise that finally had the demon exorcised with last year's World Series title, but the White Sox have flown below the national radar, even though they have not won a World Series since 1917.

"The biggest difference is Chicago is a two-team town," Boyer said. "We had almost 5½ million people go to baseball games in Chicago between the White Sox and the Cubs this year. Just think if [there were just one team] in town. When you have Boston, which is a major market … they are all behind the Red Sox."

My challenge to you all is can we help them out at all? Anyone have any good suggestions for the new marketing slogan of 2006? If anything good comes up here, I'll be sure to forward it on to Brooks personally.

Personally I like "World Champions" best, but we'll see how that works out first...