Angels @ White Sox--ALCS Game 2

Whitesoxfan56

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
You are right, irish.

It's not AJ's fault the umpire butchered the call, its just unfortunate that this will tarnish Buehrle's effort.

Right now, it's all that is going to be talked about but once game 3 starts this will be forgotten.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
sciosia kept rubbing his throat the whole game.  the way that vladdy looked i wouldn't be surprised if they are all coming down with the same s*** that washburn did.  NICE!

I wouldn't want that to happen. I would like to beat them at their best, but a win is a win and everyone here will take it, lol.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
I could give 2 s***s the way we won, or how we won. 

It doesnt matter.  We have a win here. 

We need 3 more to move on.  3 more losses and we are gone.  Thats all that matters. 

If cover came off the ball like in the natural I dont care.

WE WIN, THEY LOSE, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

this is what 99% of all sox fans are thinking. who f***ing gives a s***terdpoopoo about how the heck we did it. it is over and when you go to the window in vegas if you bet on the WHITESOX YOU FREAKING GET PAID! no questions asked. cant you imagine the teller in vegas before he gives you the loot? DO YOU FEEL LIKE THE BALL HIT THE DIRT. STFU and payme homebucket!

Put it this way...if this is the NFL and they review it. Whichever call was the original call would of been the one that stood. There was not enough evidence on either side to overturn it.

I'll say this though, the announcer out here on the local fox broadcast (local sports guy) said he thought the ball bounced in the dirt. They had the ball stopped and I swear it was half mitt, half dirt.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
this is what 99% of all sox fans are thinking.  who f***ing gives a s***terdpoopoo about how the heck we did it.  it is over and when you go to the window in vegas if you bet on the WHITESOX YOU FREAKING GET PAID!  no questions asked.  cant you imagine the teller in vegas before he gives you the loot?  DO YOU FEEL LIKE THE BALL HIT THE DIRT.  STFU and payme homebucket!

You watching the local broadcast. They just had a bunch of Angel fans saying the White Sox suck and that they don't deserve a win and that they aren't capable of winning anything if they have to win this way. I hate how they always interview moronic fans.

Why can't they interview someone intelligent. I know if I were an Angel fan I'd be ticked, but at the same time, you could of made the tag, you could of stepped up and got Crede, you could of scored earlier in the game, you could have not made the error earlier in the game that led to the Sox first run. There are a lot of things you could of done. Sure you should be ticked. I think that would be my feeling.

It was a call that could of went either way and I'm glad it went in our favor.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I AM SO SICK & TIRED OF BEING f***ED IN THE SHUSCTER EVERYWAY POSSIBLE. THIS VICTORY IS SO SWEET! I CANT BELIEVE THAT WE ARE BEING ASSISTED BY 4 FORMER CUBS & SOX! THIS IS JUST UNREAL. WHAT A CRAZY YEAR. I CANT BELIEVE I WAS CHILLIN AT THE SCOTTSDALE RESORT & SPA IN SPRING TRAINING AND NOW GOING NUTZO!

It was mentioned that the Angels got away with one yesterday (the barrel slide into Gooch to break up the DP that led up to the 3rd run yesterday) so if they talk about today's "botched call" they should mention the one from yesterday as well.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
Wow, I'm just STUNNED.  I think he was out, whether the ball hit the dirt or not, the ump called him OUT.  End of story.  He blew the call.

No, the ump will make that call and than go back. It looked like he called it twice, but I think it hit the dirt. Mainly because I thought that pitch was impossible to catch without hitting the dirt and I saw a replay where the dirt kicks up. That and the slow motion (still) photo looks like the ball is sitting right in the dirt. You can't tell for sure though.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 03:33 AM)
It doesn't matter whether the ball hit the dirt or not.  The Umpire CALLED HIM OUT.  That would be my argument.

Exactly. Although his rebut right now on ESPN is that he makes the out fist when a player strikes out swinging at all times.

Edited by redandwhite

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
Right now, it's all that is going to be talked about but once game 3 starts this will be forgotten.

As R&W suggested, if Sox win this series it'll be attached to our success. Think 85' Cardinals (blown call at 1st), 1996 Yankees (fan reaching out for HR ball.)

I LOVE CHICAGO MAFIA CREW CHIEF!

THIS IS THE BIGGEST HOLY COW OF HARRY CARRY LIFE! MAN I WISH I COULD HEAR THAT CALL AGAIN ON THE SOUTH SIDE. JIMMY WOULDA HAD A HEART ATTACK WITH THAT ONE! OMG LIFE IS GOOD FOR A NIGHT. I CAN WAKE UP HAPPY TOMORROW. EVERYDAY IS EITHER f***ING WHITESOX or YEAH WHITESOX!

800 SOX HELPME

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 03:36 AM)
As R&W suggested, if Sox win this series it'll be attached to our success. Think 85' Cardinals (blown call at 1st), 1996 Yankees (fan reaching out for HR ball.)

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 03:01 AM)
1985 World Series all over again..

It's too bad.

Whatever way you spin it, it was a botched call, but also however you spin it, the White Sox tied the series up at 1. :)

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)

The Yanks started a nice streak after that WS. I honestly just remember the Yanks being a GREAT TEAM in '96, not whatever that kid's name was. Also, every team's got to get a little luck going their way.

Well I'm thrilled they won but that home plate ump did not have a good game ... for either team.

If I'm Sciosia of course I'm pissed but let's face it, Josh Paul is a 3rd string catcher and he should have been absolutely positively 100% sure. It was close. When in doubt, tag the guy. You learn that in instructional league.

The ump's strike zone was a little strange too.

Oh well. Tied 1-1 and out to California. The White Sox have a chance, it will probably be a long tight series.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 03:42 AM)
The Yanks started a nice streak after that WS.  I honestly just remember the Yanks being a GREAT TEAM in '96, not whatever that kid's name was.  Also, every team's got to get a little luck going their way.

Jeffrey Maier. That prick is an excellent baseball player in the New York suburban area.

QUOTE(JimH @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 03:42 AM)
Well I'm thrilled they won but that home plate ump did not have a good game ... for either team.

If I'm Sciosia of course I'm pissed but let's face it, Josh Paul is a 3rd string catcher and he should have been absolutely positively 100% sure.  It was close.  When in doubt, tag the guy.  You learn that in instructional league.

The ump's strike zone was a little strange too.

Oh well.  Tied 1-1 and out to California.  The White Sox have a chance, it will probably be a long tight series.

An hour ago we had NO chance, now because of some really heads up baseball, we do have a chance, and maybe that four leaf clover is planted firmly up our ass for good the rest of the way.

7 FOCKING MORE.

I wish Cora wasn't such a putz. That way, no one would have a reason to b**** about anything.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
Exactly.  Although his rebut right now on ESPN is that he makes the out fist when a player strikes out swinging at all times.

And the replays will show that, imo. You can make the calls he made. His explanation makes sense. The debatable fact is whether or not the ball hit the ground, imo.