Upon further review

fathom

I was at the game tonight, and I'm not too upset with the loss. It was a game we should have won, but s*** happens. Here's some thoughts:

- I'm not ready to blame Ozzie for tonight, but Scioscia managed a superior game tonight.

- I know some have complained about the crowd, but basically the whole park was standing the last 3 innings.

- The Angels put so much more pressure on the Sox to make the good play tonight. When we were bunting, Figgins and Erstad were charging big time. When Figgins was bunting, we basically just sat back and let him get the runner over.

- If we keep challenging Vlad all series, we're going to get burned.

- Our infield defense just doesn't seem to be energized (besides Uribe, who's been sensational).

- Rowand can't bunt!

- Pods is a terrible late inning player. Someone needs to tell him you only get 3 strikes, so that he'll swing the f'n bat.

- We're going to need Timo to get a big hit this series. Guys like Rowand, Crede, and Uribe are overmatched against the tilts of KRod and Shields.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
Timo focking Perez.....someone please shoot me  :headshake  :puke

I know i wanted him to pinch hit for rowand and i am pretty sure that cheat and fathom did too ( even though we are probally his three biggest haters). believe it or not timo had a better chance of touching k-rod than rowand will ever have.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 04:51 AM)
I know i wanted him to pinch hit for rowand and i am pretty sure that cheat and fathom did too ( even though we are probally his three biggest haters). believe it or not timo had a better chance of touching k-rod than rowand will ever have.

As the founder of OMIT TIMO, I would have loved to see him bat for Crede. However, Crede has been clutch this year, so I understand why he batted. I'd also rather see anyone else on the team besides Pods bat after the 6th inning.

I agree that Ozzie was outmanaged by Scioscia but our players just didn't execute for Ozzie and made him look worse than he should have.

If our guys aren't jacked up to be playing in the ALCS, it won't matter what the crowd does.

We should have put the exact same pressure on the Angels but our players failed and their players executed.

I also think challenging Vlad will hurt us sooner or later but what can we do? Anderson is swinging a hotter bat than Vlad and he could kill us as well.

Crede seems to have left his glove in the regular season. He was terrible in the first two Boston games, good in the third, and horrible in this game.

Rowand isn't a good bunter but he also grounds into a ton of double plays. He just has to execute in that situation.

I would think that after 162 games and 4 playoff games that Podsednik would have learned to protect the plate with 2 strikes. Apparently, he hasn't.

Timo? Haha, I never would have expected anyone to say that.

This was a game that even the current Twins lineup would have won with Contreras' performance. That was the worst display of fundamentals in quite some time. I hope it never happens again.

Edited by SSH2005

One more thing: STOP TRYING TO STEAL 2ND PODS! Outside of a few games vs a Pudge-less Tigers team, Pods has been pathetic trying to steal 2nd base. Screw it, I have no problem putting guys in motion, but don't be so predictable with Pods. Either put on a hit-and-run with Iguchi, or have him steal on something other than the first pitch. Everyone at the park could see Molina set up outside with the pitch-out likely coming.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
As the founder of OMIT TIMO, I would have loved to see him bat for Crede.  However, Crede has been clutch this year, so I understand why he batted.  I'd also rather see anyone else on the team besides Pods bat after the 6th inning.

What, you don't like his .220/.264/.244 in Close and Late situations?

Before the ALDS, I was very upset about the lack of a right handed bat off the bench to replace Pods/AJ/Everett -- That won't be an issue this series (for Ozzie at least) as the only LHP on the Angels staff is Washburn.

One more thing:  STOP TRYING TO STEAL 2ND PODS!  Outside of a few games vs a Pudge-less Tigers team, Pods has been pathetic trying to steal 2nd base.  Screw it, I have no problem putting guys in motion, but don't be so predictable with Pods.  Either put on a hit-and-run with Iguchi, or have him steal on something other than the first pitch.  Everyone at the park could see Molina set up outside with the pitch-out likely coming.

Yes, please. More hit-and-runs and less straight steals. By the way, someone needs to tell Pierzynski that he's the second slowest guy on the team. I hope to God that was a botched hit-and-run and not him going on his own. :puke

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
Yes, please.  More hit-and-runs and less straight steals.  By the way, someone needs to tell Pierzynski that he's the second slowest guy on the team.  I hope to God that was a botched hit-and-run and not him going on his own. :puke

Ozzie says it was a straight steal

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:06 AM)
What, you don't like his .220/.264/.244 in Close and Late situations?

Before the ALDS, I was very upset about the lack of a right handed bat off the bench to replace Pods/AJ/Everett -- That won't be an issue this series (for Ozzie at least) as the only LHP on the Angels staff is Washburn.

GET VINNY FOCKING CASTILLA

:whip

Fathom...what you said about the infield D...I know you're not puttin Uribe and Paulie in that group. I guess that's one of the biggest things that's bothered me about Crede lately. Now I don't know the guy personally from s***....but he just looks so f***in' nonchalant out there and it pisses me off to no end. On the field and at the plate....he looks like he couldn't give a f*** less what happens. I'm sure this isn't the case...but GODDAMN it pisses me off....ten times when he f***s up these little bleeders at 3rd. And him comin up in the 9th...I turned to my son and said, "ten bucks that this dude K's...."

QUOTE(Wanne @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:11 AM)
Fathom...what you said about the infield D...I know you're not puttin Uribe and Paulie in that group.  I guess that's one of the biggest things that's bothered me about Crede lately.  Now I don't know the guy personally from s***....but he just looks so f***in' nonchalant out there and it pisses me off to no end.

I was referring to Crede especially, and AJP and Iguchi a little bit as well. Uribe has been playing amazing D, and PK has been good. I just see a lack of focus by Crede in the field, as well as some nerves. He was lucky his defense didn't cost us any games vs the Red Sox, and it already contributed in a big way to the Angels win tonight.