Mike Wilbon

SS Gload

I was watching PTI these last couple of days, and Mike Wilbon, who I used to like, has suddenly started to annoy me. The most annoying new thing is that he wants everybody to know that he is from the south side. Correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe he is a cubs fan. Shouldn't that be treason? But he seems clearly to be on the white sox bandwagon, and his main reasoning for justifing this is that he is from the south side. :nono

I think Wilbon is pretty cool actually. I enjoy how he hopped on the "baby bulls" bandwagon way before anyone else believed in them--well I did and so did everyone over at Realgm (great Site and Bulls board at: www.realgm.com), but he's always said he's a Cubs fan.

If Cubs fans want to sell their soul and hop on the bandwagon, let them.

I really enjoy both wilbon and kornheiser. I think they are both pretty good.

Believe it or not, PTI has featured the White Sox A LOT more than most national media this year. They interviewed kenny williams twice this year and ozzie at least once (that I saw).

Generally, I give PTI a lot of credit. They could have ignored the sox like the rest of espn this year.... they didn't

Everyone hates bandwagon fans right now, but, to be honest, the Sox need all the fans they can get.

We all complain about how Chicago is a Cub town and the Sox do not get enough respect, etc., media coverage. There's one way to change that - Cub fan converts.

Maybe they'll realize going to a park that doesn't smell like a urinal and has good food and ample parking isn't so terrible. And that rooting for a team that actually cares about winning might be more fun.

Chicago, at one time, was a Sox town - especially when the Sox were good for 20 years in the 50's and 60's. You wouldn't believe it now, but it's true.

The Sox drew nearly double what the Cubs drew in some years in the 50's and 60's.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
I actually think TK is funny. But I don't know, I used to love watching the show no matter what topic, now I just look at the rundown and see if there's anything I want to hear about.

I never watch PTI as I'm usually sleeping at that time. But, I hated TK when he was on ESPNradio.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
Everyone hates bandwagon fans right now, but, to be honest, the Sox need all the fans they can get. 

We all complain about how Chicago is a Cub town and the Sox do not get enough respect, etc., media coverage.  There's one way to change that - Cub fan converts. 

Maybe they'll realize going to a park that doesn't smell like a urinal and has good food and ample parking isn't so terrible.  And that rooting for a team that actually cares about winning might be more fun.

Chicago, at one time, was a Sox town - especially when the Sox were good for 20 years in the 50's and 60's.  You wouldn't believe it now, but it's true.

The Sox drew nearly double what the Cubs drew in some years in the 50's and 60's.

Bandwagon fans dont bother me. The more they buy their brand new crisp sox hats, and pay for tickets and parking the more we can spend on FA in the offseason. The more bandwagon fans, the better our team will be in the long run.

Edited by southsideirish71

Many Cub fans want to see the Sox win. However, I did notice the few 'bitter' Cub fans say that we are cheaters, that the ball hit the ground. Gimme a break. How are we cheaters? It was a SMART play by A.J. and we won the game. If anything people should blaim the umpires if they are unhappy- I just don't get how everyone thinks we cheat?

Anyways the series is tied 1-1 and now its the best of 5. I think we can win 2 out in Cali. This first game will be HUGE! But I expect a little more out of our offense and a solid performance out of Jon G. However it will be another close one. I think the first to score 4 wins this game.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Bandwagon fans dont bother me.  The more they buy their brand new crisp sox hats, and pay for tickets and parking the more we can spend on FA in the offseason.  The more bandwagon fans, the better our team will be in the long run.

Yep we should more than enough money to re-sign Pauly now ;) :cheers

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
Wilbon isn't on the bandwagon.

Just wants to see a team from Chicago win.

He admits all of the time he is a Cubs fan, not a Sox fan.

Generally speaking, as people get older and/or move away from Chicago, they aren't as anti-Sox or anti-Cubs as they were when they were younger and had to work side by side with the other team's fans. It's been almost 100 years since either team won, so I think some people just think, "what the hell, I just want a Chicago team to win."

Personally, I just want the Sox to win before the Cubs do. This year would be a good time to get that done. Joey Cora, please put your hands in your pockets this weekend.