Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
Boston College beats up on Wake Forest at home and is continuing there road to the number two slot in the ACC standings heading into the tournament, hopefully in route to a Duke rematch in the finals.

If this Eagles team is a two seed, watch out.

Did you make your sig? Pretty damn sweet.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
In Big East bubble news, Seton Hall had a huge second half to get a win over Cincinnati and keep there slim hopes alive, while hurting Cincinnati's chances of getting an at-large.

Bad, bad news. Cinci is going to get in cause their rpi is very, very high and Seton Hall could have basically been eliminated today. Not good.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
That block on pruitt is a HUGE turning point

Agreed. This team needs to refocus in the last 4 minutes cause this game is far from over.

And I agree that the replay showed Pruitt got raked across the face after the initial block.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
Bad, bad news.  Cinci is going to get in cause their rpi is very, very high and Seton Hall could have basically been eliminated today.  Not good.

You think Cincy will get in even if the lose to WV on Saturday putting them at 7-9 in conference?

QUOTE(The Bones @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
You think Cincy will get in even if the lose to WV on Saturday putting them at 7-9 in conference?

Eh, I'm going to go with no. This seton hall loss dropped their rpi from the mid 20's to mid 30's, I didn't think it was going to kill it like that. They lose to WVU and their first round game in the tourny, and they're goners.

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
How in the f*** wasn't that an intentional foul called on Dee?  The funny thing is that Illini fans are freaking out about the refs, and that non-intentional foul was a turning point in this game.

Should have been. Although I've always thought that rule is one of the dumber rules in sports.

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
How in the f*** wasn't that an intentional foul called on Dee?  The funny thing is that Illini fans are freaking out about the refs, and that non-intentional foul was a turning point in this game.

Agreed it should have been an intentional foul. I also think Pruitt got fouled. Both plays were potential turning points in the game. This game's officiating has been very inconsistent IMO.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 03:49 AM)
Agreed it should have been an intentional foul.  I also think Pruitt got fouled.  Both plays were potential turning points in the game.  This game's officiating has been very inconsistent IMO.

I never saw the replay on the Pruitt play. That was one of those hard to call plays where you have to focus on the ball in the shooter's hands. The intentional foul should have been clear as day.

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
I never saw the replay on the Pruitt play.  That was one of those hard to call plays where you have to focus on the ball in the shooter's hands.  The intentional foul should have been clear as day.

It hasnt been just those two plays. I feel like I dont know what a foul is in this game which is a testament to how the game has been officiated (and I mean that from both sides). Also of note, STOP FOULING WITH LESS THAN 90 SECONDS TO PLAY IN THE GAME!!!!