Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 01:52 PM)
i believe you came damn close to beating us here in champaign, not iowa city :P

Ya, thats the game I was talking about. In Champaign, I swear we had you guys but you pulled it out in the end only to go down to OSU (I think thats who you lost to at least).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
What does the past have to do with now?  Calipari has put together an awesome team, and to be honest the only reason I think your slamming them is the fact your afraid of them.

Afraid of what?

Maybe that I'd get my wallet snatched if I were around them.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
I love it how everybody is pickin Indiana and MSU to win the Big Ten this year.  I think the Illini has gotten a little somethin in store for them.

Just like the Sox. Let's let the Illini fly under the radar. I don't think a National Championship is in store this year, but deep run (final four?) is certainly possible.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 04:21 AM)
I love it how everybody is pickin Indiana and MSU to win the Big Ten this year.  I think the Illini has got a little somethin in store for them.

I haven't really seen any media pick the Hoosiers to win the Big Ten. As far as I've seen, the Illini were picked ahead of them in every publication. So that point doesn't hold much.

IU plays the home of "Boom goes the dynamite" tonight, after another long layoff. It could be another interesting in-state battle. I'm just glad to see some basketball again. Stuff really starts kicking back up with the Big Ten starting next week.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)

Haha perfect, an article finally comes out days before conference play. You know as well as I do that every publication at the beginning of the CBB season had Illinois>Indiana.

EDIT: And he can't like IU tooo much, because he harped on our mistakes twice. :bang

Surrounding them are good athletes that are solid on both offense and defense. The way I see it, Mike Davis and his staff have a versatile roster with which to work. The only trouble spots so far for the Hoosiers have been committing too many turnovers and relying a little too much on the three. But White's return to form should help tighten up both areas.

The way I see it, Mike Davis and his staff have a versatile roster to work with. The only trouble spots so far for the Hoosiers have been committing too many turnovers and relying a little too much on the three. But White's return to form should help tighten up both areas.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 06:20 PM)
Haha perfect, an article finally comes out days before conference play.  You know as well as I do that every publication at the beginning of the CBB season had Illinois>Indiana.

EDIT:  And he can't like IU tooo much, because he harped on our mistakes twice.  :bang

lol. i hear ya. i just read that this morning and could not resist.

it will be a fun year in the big ten. tons of talent and depth.